A beardie that never beards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
My precious child-lizard is very nearly all grown up and will be turning one year old at the end of April. Yet I have never, ever seen him black beard at anything. Ever. He has a very orange beard and I've seen him puff it a little and stretch it sometimes, but never darken it up.

Any idea why? Or anyone else with a beardie who doesn't black beard?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Sorin will also be a year old next month and has only black bearded twice - both times when he realized there was a female in the room. Jace black beards every morning as if it is a ritual. Zy puffs, but never black beards. I think beardies are so vast and different and their different personalities might reflect whether or not that black beard.

As the nicer weather comes around, Iroh might black beard as that'll be when the hormones will be raging. It could also be just because you don't have a female, though Jace black beards at everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom