9 months and brumating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Bean is a 9 month male. He has been active and happy up until 9 days ago. He started slowing down, keeping to the cool side, refusing live food. He's dug under the shelf liner and he sleeps. I have pulled him out to give him a soak a few times, but he returns to his cold slumber. Seems late in the season and early in his life cycle for brumation. Is this weird?

Hans is a 2 yr. old male who's been sleeping since mid-November. He wakes now and then for a brief while, but no feeding. He hasn't lost any weight (well, 4 grams), so I guess it's alright. I wake him for a soak once/wk. How long will he maintain this scary state? Seems like a long brumation? Hans was my starter dragon, shipped to me from my son who was deployed overseas a year ago.

SweetPea is an 8 month female and she is active and feeding. She delights in making messes in her habitat, and glass dancing.

All have isolated habitats of proper size with recommended temps and UV. I am in Northern Indiana and it's been an unusually cold winter, but we keep the house at 70F. Undoubtedly, the dragons sense the barometric pressure and react.

SweetPea's behavior is as expected. Are the behaviors of Hans and Bean troubling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom