9-10 Month Old Beardie Only pooping once a week with help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
claudiusx":2a7x74qy said:
That's great you are ordering it thank you! :)
There's a chance his temps are ok but like I said, you need to know. It's too important to leave up to faulty equipment.

If the temps end up being ok, we can look into other causes.
It's just that if you hear hoofsteps outside of your window, dont go looking for zebras. If you understand my point.
We gotta start with the basics and work our way from there.

-Brandon

Just got the digital thermometer which measures his area at 96.6 degrees!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so maybe you might want to increase the temp-- babies like it warmer -- so maybe 100-105 might be good - -- where is the UVB ? is it in the tank or on top of the mesh screen?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Agreed, 95 is about the minimum required for proper digestion, and juvies usually like it a bit warmer. I'd aim for 105ish. The beauty of that is, if he likes it a little cooler than 105, he can just pick a spot a bit further from that 105 spot.

-Brandon

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
claudiusx":3jva3say said:
Agreed, 95 is about the minimum required for proper digestion, and juvies usually like it a bit warmer. I'd aim for 105ish. The beauty of that is, if he likes it a little cooler than 105, he can just pick a spot a bit further from that 105 spot.
I checked again and i think it was at around 100, he never stays at his basking spot because it gets really warm, in the morning ill check up on his temps and see if its 105. Im getting new uvb in 2 weeks (the expensive one)
-Brandon

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
claudiusx":1i0xv3rf said:

-Brandon
What do you guys think about the
Zoo Med Reptisun T5-HO Terrarium Hood For An Upgrade

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
BazziTheBeardie":2v2fv012 said:
claudiusx":2v2fv012 said:

-Brandon

What size is your tank again?
The t5 is definitely an upgrade and a very good bulb. Just make sure if you get it that you get the 10.0 bulb. Seems a lot of times the packages of fixture+ bulb have been coming with 5.0's instead of 10s.

-Brandon

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
claudiusx":1edhgji2 said:
BazziTheBeardie":1edhgji2 said:
claudiusx":1edhgji2 said:

-Brandon

What size is your tank again? 40 Gallon Long, so i just get a reptisun 10.0 for it?
The t5 is definitely an upgrade and a very good bulb. Just make sure if you get it that you get the 10.0 bulb. Seems a lot of times the packages of fixture+ bulb have been coming with 5.0's instead of 10s.

-Brandon
His tank is a 40 gallon tank,could you tell me what exact bulb would go with the t5,also his basking spot measures at 106 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom