8 Year Old Beardie Jack (I Was Neglectful)

Status
Not open for further replies.

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Some of you may have already talked to me about Jack and for that I thank you...I also posted this very message as a blog for all to read just incase they have been out of the loop also.
I got Jack when he was 5 months old and have had my beardie for 8 years now. I never knew that I was taken care of him wrong. You are told so many different stories on how to take care of your beardies. Well this website saved my Jacks Life! I have had the same UVB Light on him for "8 Years" that's right! I didn't know and never was told any different. And I only thought calcium was for his growing bones! Auh!!! Didn't know that was wrong either. :banghead: And was told no more pinkies because of his age...that pinkies had to much fat content.....I feed only fruits and veggies and not a variety either. Well, needless to say; Jack has gone down hill in the last couple of years, so thin and not much movement. I know! It sounds horrible. And it is, I blame myself for not researching more for him. I just thought that, that was the way older lizards react and look. Well, in saying all that, Jack now as of 2/8/09 has a brand new UVB light, and new black light warming light, A new diet with worms, different greens, and fruits, and calcium. He is acting so much better, really alert, running around in his cage, and basking like never before. He is drinking very well also. He is going to the bathroom well and not regurgitating anything back up. We are on a good road to recovery. It will take a while to get more weight put back on him. That will just come in time. I am just very thankful that I have this website now and can share with others how Jack is now recovering from my neglectful behavior. I will not let that happen to him again now that I really know how to take care of him. I just love him.
singtoyou
[/size]
100_8412.jpg
Here is a picture of him today 2/10/09
100_8410.jpg

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Better late than never! :laughing6: I have friends with an 8 1/2 year old male, (they've only had him one year) and they thought he was probably just going to sleep the rest of his life away. I checked their setup, and after getting a differnt UVB setup, he is acting like a young dragon. It is amazing how a simple change makes such a big change! Good luck with Jack, and I hope you can enjoy each opther's company for many more years! :love5:

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks!
You said it! He is acting like he is a young beardie again. Just being curious all over his little home and
so alert. and just in a few days time. I thank you for your comments

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
:D Very good to hear that he's doing so much better. Don't we all wish that pet stores would do more research and pass it on?

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have a poll I just started in "Off Topic Area" called: VOTE FOR JACK!
Check it out everyone.
Thanks Josie Jacks Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom