8 year old bearded dragon behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilio

Hi! We often come to your website for research for our beardie. So thank you! But we are somewhat stummped on our beardies behavior lately. She's had quite a year with health issues and we always run to the vet if we're not sure.
After her last appt she had a sonogram X-ray and fecal done and the vet seemed super happy with her. A week later she's glass dancing like crazy, head bobbing and Her poo is either thick and tar like or super watery.

We did make changes to her tank because of her crazy behavior so she wouldn't hurt herself so we know she's a little stressed but all her temps are good, she eats her worms and crickets but won't eat her veggies. Plenty of water and baths. Just not sure what else we can do.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible the poop issues are just dietary. Has anything changed in her diet recently? As far as the glass dancing goes, does she start roaming around if you take her out of the tank? Perhaps she's just a bit antsy and wants to roam a bit. Do you see any signs of a shed that may be bothering her? Aside from that, I'd expect an 8 year old to be pretty calm most of the time.

Emilio

Original Poster
Nothing new in her diet. We think she's just stressed from the change in her tank and we had visitors for two weeks. Also a male beardie that would love to mate with her but we won't let them. She is super active as soon as you put her down she runs off, climbs things, glass dances.
We're monitoring her weight and activity and will check with the vet if she looses any more weight or doesn't change in the next week. I wish she could talk!!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wish they could talk and just let us know what they need too! If you have a male nearby that may be causing the behavior as well. If she's running all about if you let her out, I'd just keep doing that for now. Let her explore and exercise to burn off her energy.

Emilio

Original Poster
So much energy! She gained a bunch of wait this past year and over the past month snd a half she's lost 100 grams! She eats worms and crickets, not to much veg though and her energy has increased so much! She is spoiled and we take her to the vet whenever we're not sure since we have pet insurance so like I said last visit was great! Vet was super happy with her! We're just protective worried lizard parents! She's 8, we want he to live many more healthy years! Thanks for your input! Well give her another week and a chat with the vet and go from there :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That' s great she is doing well for 8 years old. They can get a bit picky with their foods though.
Do you have any pictures of her?
You can definitely try using some baby food for her if she just wont eat just to see if that will help boost her immune system.
Having a male around will definitely increase her activity levels!
Which UVB do you have for her & how old is it?

Tracie

Emilio

Original Poster
how do you post a photo? Uv bulb is fairly new. We're going to spend time with her this weekend make sure she's doing ok. Getting her baby food and greens to mash up and give via syringe so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom