8 month old bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
i would say stop the mealworms due to the beardie being under 1yr old.

As far a pooping, you can try to do warm water soaks in 90-95 degree water, that always works for my two adults.

mealworms outer shell is a bit much for younger beardies to digest and can cause impaction issues. crcickets are good, dubia roaches are the best.

you said initially you were dusting daily, i would drop that to every other day.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
He looks pretty small for an 8 month old. I suspect husbandry issues as well. What country are you located in? I can help you out with some links if you're in the U.S.. You should also read this it has a lot of information. https://www.facebook.com/download/preview/480826109333793

You can try a warm bath to get him to poo. If that doesn't work you can try some prune baby food. Make sure there isn't anything else added on the ingredients list.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So what are you using for lighting -- this is crucial in the health of your dragon-- please brand and bulb?
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
claudiusx":2sxyfe7m said:
Yeah unfortunately the starter kit comes with a lot of junk for our dragons :(

But if you can upgrade to the tube that would be fantastic for your dragons health.

I've asked 4 times now about your thermometer lol. Temperatures are the most important part of our dragons health. And temperature directly relates to digestion and therefore the potential for impaction. So it's crucial that you're using an accurate device to measure your temps. Otherwise, it might be too cold to properly digest, or too hot and your dragon won't bask long enough to digest properly.

-Branfon
When I went to some pet stores (not petco or petsmart) some of them recommended the started kit but I did not buy it. One because there would be stuff I would still need to buy, two lots of the stuff is not suitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom