7 month old feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzythedragon03

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I have my dragon Izzy. I had her since she was 6 weeks old & she's now 7 months old. I feed her 60 locust a day & she has some vegetables but she not overly keen on her greens. I am thinking bc she 7 months now, do I reduce her locust & start trying harder with giving her different greens & fruit, like start the transition now before she becomes a adult or is she still young & I carry on giving her 60 crickets a day in 2 sittings like I been doing? TIA.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 60 locusts per day she'll eat you out of house and home soon :lol: They do have incredible appetites as they are growing, but don't worry - that will drop off quite a bit as she approaches full size. Her appetite should start to slow down naturally, so I'd probably look for cues of that before cutting back too much. It is always good to offer a nice variety of veges in a salad every day though, even if they go ignored. I'd keep that up and maybe try hand feeding them a bit since adding some movement to the salads can help grab their interest. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom