6week old throwing up hole food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Today I fed my 6-7week old beardy 6waxworms & 4roaches (thats all he ate I let him eat as much as he can in 10mins). & thats pretty much average for 1feeding for him, I usually do 2-3feedings a day. I fed him the waxworms at 1pm & the roaches at 330pm. I just got home at 630 & looked in his tank & thought I seen poop. It ended up being hole waxworms & roaches. There is two different piles of perfectly thrown up Waxworms and roaches, all of them that he ate.
I was wondering what I should do for him? Should I try to feed him again today or no? I cant bring him to a vet so thats not and option. If this continues for few days then yes I will bring him.
Im going to give him a bath in alittle while to help his stomach.
So should I feed him?
HIs temps & everything is perfectly fine, I have two other beardys so its not a housing mistake. & he usually eats just like he did. But he doesnt get waxworms throughout the day, just once in awhile. But every other time it was fine.
Im hoping it was just a stomache & he will be fine.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Are you sure your temps. are at least 105 in the basking area for him to digest ? And it's not too hot either ? If temps. were good,it was probably the waxworms....even if they were just a little bit too big they could have caused it, they are more fatty + rich than other insects. He probably won't eat for a day or so, but he will be thirsty now,just offer water dripped on his snout.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea his temps are 110 and he has his UVB. It might been waxworms. I got new ones today, he ate few big ones that I didnt notice were that big till they hit the ground but he ate them without problem. Im just hoping its just stomache and he'll be fine

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CRA* !! Thank god you said something! I just went check his temps make sure there okay & they were at 93!! Which Is okay for juvie/adult but its alittle low for babys! I moved everything around yesterday, all 3 of my dragons tanks and unplugged all there lights etc. & after I seen temp like that I looked at his lightbulb and hes using the one I use for one of my 5month olds & my 5month old King is using his! That MIGHT be the reason, I sure hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom