4X2X2 viv Im building...DONE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Onlymediocre":156kq7va said:
No, I just grouted it... Does it have to be sealed? I was told it would make the floor slick.

I was thinking of sealing it with mod PODGE exterior .... Dunno tho

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
You could seal it... But I dont think its necessary. Just like you dont HAVE to seal in in your house.. And once I was told it would be slick...I opted against it. The tiles I used were alrdy kinda slick, thats why I came up with the busting them up idea, I figured more grout = more traction.

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Onlymediocre":3i30q878 said:
You could seal it... But I dont think its necessary. Just like you dont HAVE to seal in in your house.. And once I was told it would be slick...I opted against it. The tiles I used were alrdy kinda slick, thats why I came up with the busting them up idea, I figured more grout = more traction.

I don't remember reading it.... Did you use sanded or non sanded grout? I used sanded...

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mine must not be sanded then, its not totally smooth but its not gritty feeling either. But modge podge is safe so I dont see a problem with using it to seal it if you want to, mines alrdy pretty smooth so I didnt wanna make it slicker. But if your has texture then I dont see why it would be a problem.

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Onlymediocre":3duehudp said:
Mine must not be sanded then, its not totally smooth but its not gritty feeling either. But modge podge is safe so I dont see a problem with using it to seal it if you want to, mines alrdy pretty smooth so I didnt wanna make it slicker. But if your has texture then I dont see why it would be a problem.

Thanks for for the input.... Will start sealing it tomorrow!

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know what you mean, today Im running my lights to get the temps right... were almost down to move day! Wait til your actually "done" and you have to just let it air out... I let mine air out for 2 weeks...longest 2 weeks ever! Its finally over today, lol.

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Onlymediocre":hmyna4dp said:
I know what you mean, today Im running my lights to get the temps right... were almost down to move day! Wait til your actually "done" and you have to just let it air out... I let mine air out for 2 weeks...longest 2 weeks ever! Its finally over today, lol.

Geez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom