4X2X2 viv Im building...DONE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks :) I like how the floor turned out too :) I alrdy had the tiles, they were porcelain tiles I had bought a while back to redo the bathroom. Since I had about 8 sq ft to cover I used 8 squares, and I took then out onto the porch and slung them, lol. (luckly I only have 1 neighbor thats semi close, IDK if she was home or not, but if she was she probably thinks im crazy) the pieces that were still really big I slung again. and to get the rlly small pieces I took a rock and hit the pieces of tile to break them up. Then collected all of the mess (and stabbed myself in the palm once) Be careful the edges get WAY sharp. Then I brought them in a sorted them into the largest pieces then medium sized and small. I laid down my mortar..Then I started by using large pieces that still had the corners for the corners, and used all the pieces I could with flat edges around the sides... and just randomly placed the large pieces around...then I did the same to the medium sized, then the small to fill up the bigger gaps.. After letting it set for a day for the mortar to dry and harden I used a rdy mixed grout to grout it, and as mention sliced my fingers up a bit, lol. And that was about it. You have to go back over the tiles with a damp sponge or rag to clean off the excess grout, but it wasnt too bad.. I had a hard time with it but Id nvr grouted anything b4 and sliced my fingers up within the 1st 5 mins doing it, so then I had to play a game of dont bleed on the enclosure, lol. And you got to push down pretty hard to spread the grout...Id suggest maybe wearing gloves, Ill def wear gloves for the next time I build one, lol.

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Onlymediocre":2odxfj4r said:
Thanks :) I like how the floor turned out too :) I alrdy had the tiles, they were porcelain tiles I had bought a while back to redo the bathroom. Since I had about 8 sq ft to cover I used 8 squares, and I took then out onto the porch and slung them, lol. (luckly I only have 1 neighbor thats semi close, IDK if she was home or not, but if she was she probably thinks im crazy) the pieces that were still really big I slung again. and to get the rlly small pieces I took a rock and hit the pieces of tile to break them up. Then collected all of the mess (and stabbed myself in the palm once) Be careful the edges get WAY sharp. Then I brought them in a sorted them into the largest pieces then medium sized and small. I laid down my mortar..Then I started by using large pieces that still had the corners for the corners, and used all the pieces I could with flat edges around the sides... and just randomly placed the large pieces around...then I did the same to the medium sized, then the small to fill up the bigger gaps.. After letting it set for a day for the mortar to dry and harden I used a rdy mixed grout to grout it, and as mention sliced my fingers up a bit, lol. And that was about it. You have to go back over the tiles with a damp sponge or rag to clean off the excess grout, but it wasnt too bad.. I had a hard time with it but Id nvr grouted anything b4 and sliced my fingers up within the 1st 5 mins doing it, so then I had to play a game of dont bleed on the enclosure, lol. And you got to push down pretty hard to spread the grout...Id suggest maybe wearing gloves, Ill def wear gloves for the next time I build one, lol.

Thanks! I'm gonna redo my Double Stacker floor/walls now!

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Awesome, glad I inspired someone, lol. It does end up looking pretty neat.. Post some pics when you get done :)

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
mcclure91":28k1dpch said:
Looks really nice. I really like the floor might have to steal that if its ok.

LOL, I dont see why it wouldnt be, well you cant have my actual floor, but ur welcome to make one like it :lol: Glad you like it. Just make sure u wear gloves.. I cant stress that enough. Having sliced up fingers is NO FUN.

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ugh.. all the edited post (the ones with pis) were edited bc my dumb butt organized my pics on photobucket and had to go back and redo the pics...

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
That looks REALLY good-nice job! Congrats on the new babies! (Sorry about Dobby... RIP little house dragon...)
I really like the tile floor, too! You know that to finish off the Greek theme, you may need to get some little tiles and glue them to the ends of some PVC pipe, then fill with sand and glue on tiles to the other end so it looks like pillars!

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SpitFyre":2mjz4eyn said:
That looks REALLY good-nice job! Congrats on the new babies! (Sorry about Dobby... RIP little house dragon...)
I really like the tile floor, too! You know that to finish off the Greek theme, you may need to get some little tiles and glue them to the ends of some PVC pipe, then fill with sand and glue on tiles to the other end so it looks like pillars!

Thats a GOOD IDEA! I was thinking of getting the staircase pillars, painting them white and putting a couple of those in there, to look like columns... But the PVC idea sounds fun too. If I cant find a pillar that looks like the pic I have in my head (lol) or VERY close I may do that so I get to design it myself. Ive been slacking this past week and a half and havent even started on Athenas Parthenon, basking spot/hide. :oops: I may wait til they get settled in the new viv good b4 starting that. The hubby is rewire my lights now.. Instead of putting ones on the ends of the UVB I got a double fixture to put them in the middle.

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
Ah, Maybe, eventually, you could do Mount Olympus- have some little cloud decals on the walls, with a raised fake rock platform. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom