4x2x2 in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcasper27

Hey I have a question for thos of you that made your own vivs. First off, how did you install the floodlight systems? I am in no means an electrician, so I want advice to get it done right. Second, are the vents along the top-rear necessary? I have 2 screened vents on the sides near the top, so I was jut wondering. Thank you all in advance!

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The easiest way to explain this is to just follow the wiring instructions on the website for the crossfire enclosure. As far as the ventilation i dont think the back vents are "vital" but you just want to make sure your beardie has enough ventilation without losing heat. Hope this helps

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I made a few adjustments and brick additions since the last time i posted pics. I have recently made 2 hides out of towels, one on the warm side and one on the cool side.

1234567.jpg

And also the king in his castle

12345.jpg

Here he is lounging on the side of the couch totally relaxed. Hhaha

123456.jpg

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They are 1/4" plastic door tracks. I got mine on amazon.com. Just search and u will find

xpresean

Great creativity on the ledges. My quick question is did you drill holes in the bottom of the pavers so that the metal shelf brackets are screwed into them? If not, how did you attach it? I have some sand stone pieces I may want to try this out on. Thank you.

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The stones are just sitting on the brackets. There is only an inch or two of the stones hanging off so there is no way they will fall off. And thanks

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I decided to change the interior up a bit. In my 55 gallon i had the bricks lined up similar and i really liked it so i decided to do the same in the new tank. As nice as the basking log i had in there was it was just too slippery and my dragon didnt use it. He actually has more room now and some nice hides. I am always looking to give him the best of everything. Hope everyone enjoys!

redo3_zpsbb65e192.jpg

redo4_zps15f6847d.jpg

redo5_zpsdcbbf359.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom