48x30x18 or 48x24x24?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Well im starting to plan out Harleys new cage and im debating on whether I should get a 48x30x18 or 48x24x24. Im using a MVB so my concern is the height of 18 inches not being the needed 12 inch distance. Any of you guys out there got either of these size cages and got any input on the pros and cons you've encountered? Im personally leaning towards the 48x24x24 to give me a little more height to play with since I think 6 inches or height would be better than the 6 inches of depth but again, if any of you guys out there have either of these sizes and ran into any "if I could redo it, I would get X" stories, I would love to hear em.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since you are using an mvb, i'd go with the 4x2x2 instead. Gives you more room to play around with your MVB.
If you were going to use a tube and basking bulb, i'd build the 48x30x18. IMO 18 is tall enough for a beardie.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom