4 month old weight progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeecaw

Beardie name(s)
Merlin
My beardie is 112 days old and today hit 40 grams so just under 4 months and I was wondering if that’s normal? 40 seems to be the low end for a 4 month old, but he was also on the low end at 3 months, so maybe he’s just small?

He’s active but not a voracious eater. REFUSES to eat his dubias from a bowl, no matter how long I leave it in there so I usually end up having to move him from his basking spot and tong feed. I do this 3-5 times a day and can get 40ish dubias into him that way. They vary in size, some are the 3/8 and others have grown a little bigger because he can’t eat them quick enough. He’ll chase them down when I tong feed one at a time and generally eats between 10-20 a feeding.

He’s got a t5 arcadia 12%, 150w bulb, and DHP for his 4x2x2 zen habitats. 12 hours for all 3. Temps are all good and poops once a day. No parasites after I took fecal to vet

Got my graph attached below that compares bugs eaten per day to weight. Weight is estimated prior to 2/19 because he wasn’t ready to be handled.

Attachments

• 1415AC85-9BD1-47E9-A036-15FA8F510F00.jpeg
    1415AC85-9BD1-47E9-A036-15FA8F510F00.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 104
  • D037E36A-03E6-4D43-860C-8D8F1921A63B.jpeg
    D037E36A-03E6-4D43-860C-8D8F1921A63B.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 66

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie is 112 days old and today hit 40 grams so just under 4 months and I was wondering if that’s normal? 40 seems to be the low end for a 4 month old, but he was also on the low end at 3 months, so maybe he’s just small?

He’s active but not a voracious eater. REFUSES to eat his dubias from a bowl, no matter how long I leave it in there so I usually end up having to move him from his basking spot and tong feed. I do this 3-5 times a day and can get 40ish dubias into him that way. They vary in size, some are the 3/8 and others have grown a little bigger because he can’t eat them quick enough. He’ll chase them down when I tong feed one at a time and generally eats between 10-20 a feeding.

He’s got a t5 arcadia 12%, 150w bulb, and DHP for his 4x2x2 zen habitats. 12 hours for all 3. Temps are all good and poops once a day. No parasites after I took fecal to vet

Got my graph attached below that compares bugs eaten per day to weight. Weight is estimated prior to 2/19 because he wasn’t ready to be handled.
Beautiful dragon-- are you feeding salads? Greens kale mustard collard or turnip - squash zucchini yellow butternut I can post a website for nutrition- these need to be offered first thing in the morning- you can get some bsfl another good staple feeder add them to the top of his salads use as many as you want I would get large you can add some treat worms every other day as well to the salad like super worms horn worms - no meal worms yet tho-

Yeecaw

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Merlin
Beautiful dragon-- are you feeding salads? Greens kale mustard collard or turnip - squash zucchini yellow butternut I can post a website for nutrition- these need to be offered first thing in the morning- you can get some bsfl another good staple feeder add them to the top of his salads use as many as you want I would get large you can add some treat worms every other day as well to the salad like super worms horn worms - no meal worms yet tho-
He gets his daily salad - I vary the greens, generally collards or turnip greens, plus butternut squash and this week offering bell pepper. I top with bee pollen and he tends to take a few bites a week, slowly getting more interested.

I’ve tried bsfl but he just doesn’t care for them. Will eat one or two and then refuse the rest. Turned his nose up at hornworms as well, but loves waxworms - I’ve only given him a couple though since I know they’re not a staple.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He gets his daily salad - I vary the greens, generally collards or turnip greens, plus butternut squash and this week offering bell pepper. I top with bee pollen and he tends to take a few bites a week, slowly getting more interested.

I’ve tried bsfl but he just doesn’t care for them. Will eat one or two and then refuse the rest. Turned his nose up at hornworms as well, but loves waxworms - I’ve only given him a couple though since I know they’re not a staple.
And wax worms are very fatty- how about super worms?

Yeecaw

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Merlin
And wax worms are very fatty- how about super worms?
I’ve always heard you should wait until they’re older for superworms? I’ve given them to my tomato frog before but they seem very big for my dragon at his current size

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’ve always heard you should wait until they’re older for superworms? I’ve given them to my tomato frog before but they seem very big for my dragon at his current size
Its the meal worms -- they have a very harder exoskeleton on them that is harder for babies to digest - super worms are not as hard I have Blaze medium size at 3 months on his salads 1-3 --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom