4 month old beardie, chewing on a rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthjopa

Worried beardie owner here.

Caught my 4 month old chewing on one of the rocks on her cage. I'm unsure why she would do something like this. Her behaviour had been normal and I've never seen this before. She's been eating woodies 3 times daily and eats a bowl full of calcium sprayed salad. Temperatures are fine and she is pooping normally.

She also gets her vitamin dusting every Sunday, has has a bath 2-3 times a week. She is very alert and active and is fully of energy.

Just a worried beardie slave :)

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i've seen another post about this same thing. apparently they do this, but no one has a reason why

omg87

I want to say it's a sign of having the munchies. Mine does this too - along with the branches i've stuck in there, but then I toss in a few crickets and he stops.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
omg87":iclhz3ma said:
I want to say it's a sign of having the munchies. Mine does this too - along with the branches i've stuck in there, but then I toss in a few crickets and he stops.

Aaawwww it's like puppies gnawing on twigs!

omg87

He just did it again to all the branches I've set up, knocking them down forcing me to perch them back up again. HERE WE GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yricia
Top Bottom