4 month old beardie, chewing on a rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthjopa

Worried beardie owner here.

Caught my 4 month old chewing on one of the rocks on her cage. I'm unsure why she would do something like this. Her behaviour had been normal and I've never seen this before. She's been eating woodies 3 times daily and eats a bowl full of calcium sprayed salad. Temperatures are fine and she is pooping normally.

She also gets her vitamin dusting every Sunday, has has a bath 2-3 times a week. She is very alert and active and is fully of energy.

Just a worried beardie slave :)

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i've seen another post about this same thing. apparently they do this, but no one has a reason why

omg87

I want to say it's a sign of having the munchies. Mine does this too - along with the branches i've stuck in there, but then I toss in a few crickets and he stops.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
omg87":iclhz3ma said:
I want to say it's a sign of having the munchies. Mine does this too - along with the branches i've stuck in there, but then I toss in a few crickets and he stops.

Aaawwww it's like puppies gnawing on twigs!

omg87

He just did it again to all the branches I've set up, knocking them down forcing me to perch them back up again. HERE WE GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom