3 yr old male constant basking & stress marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think a vet visit would be a good idea also.
Do you see any bite marks, like from a spider, etc? He does have rather dark marks on his little belly. Has his beard been a little darker than normal lately, or not?
How is his appetite?
Could he have hurt himself on something to have caused that dark area on his belly?
One inch is a little close. I would move it to a 6-8 inch distance for better safety right now.
It is almost time to replace the bulb, in a couple of months or so.

Tracie

Duzell

Hatchling Member
definitely stressed id say
1: take to vet (ER at the most)
2: my eldest male started doing that as well and had liver failure at 3yrs old (puberty sends new hormones that can shut down organs in some dragons ) and he died of it
the next stage hed become dry and sunken eyes then begin stop moving and appear almost dead
if this is case ER that beardy NOW

3: could be hes going through puberty, happens around age 3 new hormones and if male hell become more aggressive (not much really but its noticeable)

keep lamp higher away from dragon like tracie suggests, have you give him any new foods ?

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Duzell":27vwre1r said:
definitely stressed id say
1: take to vet (ER at the most)
2: my eldest male started doing that as well and had liver failure at 3yrs old (puberty sends new hormones that can shut down organs in some dragons ) and he died of it
the next stage hed become dry and sunken eyes then begin stop moving and appear almost dead
if this is case ER that beardy NOW

3: could be hes going through puberty, happens around age 3 new hormones and if male hell become more aggressive (not much really but its noticeable)

keep lamp higher away from dragon like tracie suggests, have you give him any new foods ?

Sorry to hear about your dragon.
Did he make watery poo every day?

Duzell

Hatchling Member
yes did watery poo
was a good little guy miss him greatly as do my other pets

my other dragons are doing fine and already close to his size at age 3 when their at age 3 months
(these are giants)

the many dragon types is quite surprising in personality shape size and spike arrangement and style

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have a 4 yr old female, 3 yr old male, 6 month female and 2 yr old male.
All doing very well except for the oldest male.

When your dragon was sick, did he sit under the heat bulb most of the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom