3 year old dragon not eating out of brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argam1998

My 3 year old dragon has stopped eating ever since he came out of brumation. He is very active with a black beard running around it’s 4x2x2 enclosure. Seems to be in a breeding mood. Everything is provided to him T5 uvb lighting, basking spot of a 105 and daily greens are always in the enclosure. He is just not interested in food for some reason .I’ve tried dubias crickets, repashy grub pie anything you name it I’ve tried the guy just doesn’t want to eat . He shows no signs of being sick or lethargic behaviors. Is this normals during breeding season ? They just stop eating ? Anything I can do to help him eat on his own ? Any meds or probiotics? I force feed him some greens and superworms once in a while I don’t want to stress him out too much with force feeding. Any help ?!?!? Thank you

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is what my guy does too. Usually for 1-3 months after he wakes up he'll run around, have little to no interest in food, and generally be a crazy man. His appetite comes back after a while and then he slows down to normal. This is normal behavior from what I've seen and what I do is make food available if he wants it and provide as much time for him to run around and burn off energy as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom