3 year old beardie size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamakel

Hey guys, in 2016 I got my first two beardies. The girl I got them from told me they were like 4-5 years old but now I'm not sure about that. In 2017, Hathor, the female, laid eggs so I kept them. I kept two babies. The male died in July 2018, the female died in July 2019. The babies, which are adults now, doesn't look like their 3 year old parents back in the days. The male, which is way bigger than the female, is about 19 inches.

I will attach two photos, of his father in 2018 when he was supposed to be 6 years old (I think he was older) and the baby now at 3 years old. I tried my best to recreate the photos.

92132-5611245846.jpg
92132-6119847377.jpg

an image of the baby female on top of the adult male at one year old

92132-5630357875.jpg

an image of them all in 2018

92132-4268928971.jpg

should I worry about their size? are they going to grow in size more?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So the male is 19 inches? That's a good size. How much does he weigh in grams?
What about the female?

If they are housed together, typically one is always smaller than the other because of domination.
If they are seperated, then that might just be her genetics. At 3 years old, I wouldn't except them to grow anymore. Maybe gain some weight diet dependant, but not get any larger.

-Brandon

Iamakel

Original Poster
claudiusx":1tu8ipb9 said:
So the male is 19 inches? That's a good size. How much does he weigh in grams?
What about the female?

If they are housed together, typically one is always smaller than the other because of domination.
If they are seperated, then that might just be her genetics. At 3 years old, I wouldn't except them to grow anymore. Maybe gain some weight diet dependant, but not get any larger.

-Brandon

thanks for the reply. they are in separate vivs. the female is 16 inches. from the size I remember, their father was aprox 22-24 inches, but he was missing the tail from young age, because of the first owner. the body was like 9-10 inches, and I'm assuming the tail a bit longer if he would have had one. their mother (based on my memories of her size) was like 20 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom