<3 Xia's official Thread! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I am a first time reptile owner, I am a thirteen year old girl called Tyler. I have a 7 month old beardie called Xia, she is a girl as well.
This thread will be for posting LOOOOAAADS of pics, and stories. So, Enjoy!!

Her current enclosure:
IMG_1310.jpg

Xia when I got her
2012-01-31183841-1.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

2012-02-11102223.jpg

2012-02-11102144.jpg

2012-02-11102210.jpg

2012-01-31183757.jpg

2012-01-31183806.jpg

2012-01-31183841.jpg

2012-01-31183855.jpg

Xia a bit older
2012-02-29165832.jpg

2012-03-17110505.jpg

2012-03-17110510.jpg

2012-03-17110539.jpg

2012-03-17112812.jpg

A bit older than that....
IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Shedding...
IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Now :)
IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

I use the water sprayer to measure her, look how big she is!! :D :O
IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

Cocopops248

Original Poster
MY BEARDIE TALE

It was just a normal day. I had given my 7 month old female Beardie called Xia (pronounced Zee-A) A bath and decided to warm her up in the sun. I took out my book and a little towel for her. She is very well behaved outside, and has never run or anything. I set the towel out on the ground and crunched up the edges into a little bowl shape. Then I sat down, opened my book and placed Xia on my leg. I sat there for a while reading, but then my leg was getting itchy from her talons, so I gently picked her up, and put her on my hand while I scratched my leg. Suddenly, her beard flushed black, and she flattened herself and puffed up. I freaked out, and before I could put her back on my leg she opened her mouth up and leapt onto the ground. She ran back towards the house. Since I have dogs, they would often go under the bottom of the house to do their business if it was raining; they are the only ones who fit under there. It got really smelly, so we put up this green mesh stuff to stop them from going under the house. It is now all Cobb webby, with spiders and loads of poo under there, so my lizard decided that would be a nice place to hide. I jumped up and reached for her, but she sped off towards the mesh with a smug look on her face. She stood half in, and half out of one of the holes. I stopped moving and started begging that she would stay like that. I moved forward really slowly, and she turned her head around, looked at me, and took off under the house.

Seeing as I was alone at home and only thirteen, I broke into hysteria and started crying. I raced upstairs, grabbed the phone and called my mum. She was 20 mins away t(-.-t) noooo!

I ran back downstairs and grabbed a huge broom, but there was no way I could reach her because she had run down near the back. The only thing that was stopping her from getting to the back corner was a large white tube that went from one end of under the house to the other width wise. If she somehow managed to get over that, and went to the back corner where there was a hole, I would never get her back. So I thought to myself, it’s my lizard and the poo, or keeping clean and no lizard. I obviously chose the second option and walked away....

Jks! I actually dived onto the ground and went to examine the mesh. Even if I could pull it away, there was probably no chance I would be able to fit under the house. But I gave it a go anyways. I pulled the mesh back, and went down feet first, seeing as I am rather skinny, I only just managed to squeeze through the opening and under the house. Conveniently, there are stairs in front of the opening...so It made it all the more harder to get around them and squish through the hole. Once I was under, it was like a scene from a horror movie, poo, everywhere *facepalm* My newly washed hair was doomed... I was now stuck on my back, with the broom that I had pushed through the opening, breathing in spider webs. I don’t know how I did it, but I managed to put the thought of crawling over poo out of my mind. I fumbled around, my hands and arms, and legs all scrambling through loads of poo….And I turned onto my stomach. I groaned whilst pushing the broom forward, wishing this wasn’t happening… And then I began my slow shuffle/ army crawl towards Xia. I managed to cover around 30cm when…Xia heard the broom move, and turned to look at me. I stayed still, but she turned her head to look at me. Again, I prayed she wouldn’t bolt. But her eyes twinkled and she somehow managed to leap over the white tube. I freaked out and started to crawl faster. She heard me coming up behind her and raced towards the hole in the corner, I slammed the broom down in front of her, and she was trapped. I managed to crawl over and eventually got her. The crawl back was hard, she was wriggling in my hand the whole time. I got to the opening and knew I was doomed. I was stuck, the stairs allowed me to get in, but not back out. I started crying again, and had to sit under the stinking house until my parents got home to help free me… and Xia. I am just really thankful that in the end she was safe, and back in her enclosure.
Next time, I will be more careful! She’s a cheeky girl, but you gotta love her! <3
And that was my Beardie tale for today, now, for my nice hot shower! >:D

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Xia is one lucky dragon to have an owner that loves her so much! That took a lot to not lose her down that hole, good for you for having the courage to do that! I would have been crying too! I am so glad you got her back and she's safe and sound back in her enclosure. You should look in to the harnesses for beardies!

-Kaleen

Cocopops248

Original Poster
BEARDIE TALE:
This afternoon, I had given my little girl a bath, fed her, and gave her some sun. She was having a lovely time. I had to finish my homework, so I put her in her enclosure, under the light bulb so she could get warm, and went to walk away. But, I decided to go back because I wanted to spray her with the water, just so she could get hydrated. I was feeling lazy, so I sat on the floor and stuck my arm in the cage and started spraying her. I heard this sizzlign noise, but didn't think much of it, and kept spraying.

Suddenly, there was this white flash of light inside the enclosure and I heard a smash. I jumped up, and the light bulb had shattered, and the little wires were sizzling and vibrating. There was a few big chungs of jagged edge shards down the other end of the enclosure, and and roughly 2-3 cm away from Xia sat another peice of sharp, dangerous glass. It had only just missed her. If Xia was hit....bye-bye Lizzy....

I must have accidentally sprayed the light bulb when I was spraying her. And the cold water would have hit the really hot bulb and exploded. I freaked out.
Now I have to go replace it -.- Thank GOD it didn't hit Xia! I am sooo stupid, I need to be more carefull. :banghead:

Cocopops248

Original Poster
Some more Piccys :)

Sitting on my arm just after athletics training.
IMG_2151.jpg

On my hand <3
IMG_2166.jpg

snuggling into my dressing gown
IMG_2092.jpg

Soo little!
IMG_9145.jpg

IMG_9142.jpg

Hanging from her log xD
IMG_2149.jpg

Bath Time!!
IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

Hanging on for dear life!
IMG_2085.jpg

Drying off
IMG_2086.jpg

Beardie Burrito!
IMG_2087.jpg

Outsiiiiide
IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

Back in the bath xD
IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

I think thats enough for now xD I have soooo many pictures. I'll post more later.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
You keep those pictures coming, she is too cute for words!! That is crazy about the bulb, I am glad it missed her and no mishaps. Oh about a harness for her, go to the for sale discussion and there is a post selling them!

-Kaleen

Cocopops248

Original Poster
Haha, Im glad you think she is cute :3
I love her, I'm sooooooooo glad nothing bad happened to her!!!

I wanted to order one from there, but my mum says that she will make one instead xD lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom