3 types of tile.. which to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, being in britain, i have to pay a little more for the cheaper things :(

i go to the b&q website (our major DIY center in the UK)
http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/tiles/floor-tiles

as you see on the left side, it has 3 types of tiles. Ceramic, natural or porcelain

which do i use for the flooring in my beardies new cages? i know nothing to porous is better, but do i want a sheen to them or not?

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
hi, Dragons have a hard time walking on smooth surfaces, so youll want something with texture to it. If you can find slate tiles they haave the added bonus of keeping ur beardies nails filed down too. I wouldnt go with a smooth glossy tile, itd be too hard to walk on...

To offer a different opinion: I am currently using natural slate. These tiles are really heavy and awkward to clean because they have tons of little crevices. Additionally, I have no way to cut them. I plan to redo the flooring for the bearded dragon and have textured vinyl tiles stuck to a sheet of plastic laid into the terrarium. That way I can easily clean it since it's vinyl and I can easily remove the entire flooring for deep cleaning since they are lightweight and all stuck to the sheet of plastic.

I am not really sure of the prices that site is listing for tiles. It's £24.44 for a 12"x12" tile? I paid $1.50 for a 12"x12" natural slate tile.

LailaBug

I use ceramic tile, pretty easy to cut and mine still has some texture to it. I was able to get 12"x12" squares for $0.60 each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom