3' T8 Flourescent strip, where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyrene2083

Hi All,

I can't for the life of me find this 3' T8 strip anywhere around where I live and I can't seem to find it online, so I'm thinking my search criteria must be wrong. Can anyone provide me with a link, please it's driving me nuts. :banghead: I am going to use this 3' fixture in a crossfire enclosure I just bought. So, I would greatly, truly appreciate any help you can afford me, and my sons beardie, "Dante".

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, yeah you probably should do that.

And I won't lecture you on the reptiglo because I'm sure you already know, I believe you had a thread about it right?

Anyways, I will look again for a 30w compatible.

-Brandon

gyrene2083

Original Poster
Yes I believe I did have another thread in the lighting forum. I was talking about the Powersun MVB's I think, I have a brand new Reptisun T8 36'. So just in case my Powersun goes out I have a back up with the Reptisun. I just have a big headache man with all this. There is so much to retain, and now my little guy is shedding, and he won't eat his greens. He's given me a few more grey hairs than my son has!

EDizzle

I'm in the process of building my own tank as well and can't find a 3ft T8 fixture with 30watt output, I've checked lowes and home depot and came back with nothing. Now i'm looking online and can't find the proper fixture, anyone have any suggestions?

grantw429

gyrene2083":1ssqzkpt said:
Being that max wattage is 25w, will I have a problem with the 30w reptiglo?

in your next post you say you have a reptisun 36''... so do u have a reptiSUN or reptiGLO? the reptiSUN 36'' runs at 25watts so the fixtures brandon suggested will work. so as long as you have a reptiSUN which is the only recommended bulb you have no worries! :)

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
I found mine on amazon. They're not pretty, and you have to wire them yourself, but they were cheap. I actually checked at a lighting store in my search. They said those were not a popular size and I would more than likely have to look online, or find a warehouse supply store.

gyrene2083

Original Poster
grantw429":i273mc69 said:
gyrene2083":i273mc69 said:
Being that max wattage is 25w, will I have a problem with the 30w reptiglo?

in your next post you say you have a reptisun 36''... so do u have a reptiSUN or reptiGLO? the reptiSUN 36'' runs at 25watts so the fixtures brandon suggested will work. so as long as you have a reptiSUN which is the only recommended bulb you have no worries! :)

I had to double check but it definitely is a 30 watt Fluorescent.

2hxugxi.jpg

gyrene2083

Original Poster
I just think they are releasing newer T8's with a higher wattage. I don't think pet mountain is the only online store selling 25w bulbs. Either way let's see what happens. Thanks for the help though. I'll keep you posted as to what happens when I get the fixture shipped.

grantw429

well im going crazy trying to find a fixture... i cant find ANY 36'' or 48'' fixture that can handle 30watts!!!!!!! do u think they have reptisun 10.0's that are 25 watts?? i know people buy the 36'' reptisun bulb what do they put it in!?! :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom