3 day move coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD16

Juvie Member
So my family and I are moving to Nebraska. To make this long story short, The economy sucks just about everywhere. My dad lost his job down here in Florida and there is nothing he can do with the skills he has or anything that he wants to take the chance on doing incase in 6 months he ends up back where he is now. Anyway, We are moving to Nebraska. My dad and my brother will be picking up a U-Haul and Car Daully this Saturday and chances are they're either going to leave Sunday or Monday. My mom and I will be hanging behind for a few more months to continue doing yard sales and finishing up the rest of the packing. My brother HAS to be up there soon because he has an interview with the sheriffs department and my dad has to start working. They're going to be taking alot of the bigger stuff up with them this time around. Anyway, I sold my gecko and of course hanging onto my beardies. I have a traveling carrier that I received from the people I bought Vlad and Anna Belle from when I purchased Anna Belle just recently. I was wondering, if I bought another one the same size, Would they be fine traveling in the car for 3 days? We will be stopping at nights to sleep. So chances are we'll be at motels during the evening. Sneaking them in would be no biggie. Im not going to keep them couped up in that little carrier the full 3 days. So I plan on taking them out with me at night at the hotels and letting them run around and burn off some energy and have some cuddle time. I guess im just being a worry wart. I know they'll probably be stressed. But will be they fine during this trip? It's going to take 2 full days to get there and we'll probably be there early/midway through the 3rd day. Should I feed them a large meal before we leave? Should I give them a couple smaller meals when we stop at rest stops or something? I just worry about them pooping everywhere or me deciding not to feed them and then they go 3 days without eating and then we get there and they're stressed and decide not to eat for another few days. Can anyone shed some light and help me out? Maybe calm my nerves alittle?

Thank you for the help!

bambichik39

Juvie Member
I myself have been looking into moving a few states away and have thought about this. I think the best way would be to purchase a cheap storage bin, and bring a heat lamp with you with a clamp on it. That way when you got to a hotel, you could house them in there and use the clamp lamp to get temperatures high enough for them to digest their food. I would only feed when they will be under heat for at least an hour to digest their food. I'd also bath at the hotel to keep them hydrated as I doubt you'd be able to feed greens while on the road. I'd also purchase some sort of carrier for them so they can be safely transported while in the car. That way if everyone gets out to go eat or run into a gas station to go to the restroom they arent just running free where they could get easily lost. Let us know how the move goes!

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
I am guessing this will be stressful for them, but I think that your plan should work pretty. As you know they are very hardy animals.

~Haley

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
BambiChik39 - Thank you for the advice. I will keep all of that in mind. I have one carrier that came with Anna Belle when I bought her so I will have to buy another one for Vlad. I appreciate your input.

HaleyMaree - I agree that beardies are very hearty animals. But I guess im just being an over protective worry wart, lol. Im sure they'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom