2 yellow eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

missnikki

So i have a girl who is pregnant and today i came home and where she normally poops there was 2 yellow blobs. upon closer inspection i realized that they looked like eggs. one was broken open and yolk like goo was coming out but they were really yellow. now i got all of my info on the tank set up from here so i know that i dont have to go over that with anyone. would take a long time. but she is getting the recommended amount of calcium and i bath her atleast 2 times a week she eats like crazy but lately not so much as she was getting ready to lay eggs. or so i thought. now when i first got her she was almost dead and i had to lift her head up for her to get her to eat baby food. and then a week later she layed 16 eggs. i had her on newspaper because she was in such bad shape. only 2 of the babies survived and i do still have them. but this time i knew she was going to have them soon so i made her whole tank into one huge lay box. she digs like crazy any day but today there was no digging and the 2 eggs were just laying next to a stick that was in her tank. i am just not sure if this is a problem that needs vet attention and was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before. she did go to the vet a month ago and the vet gave her a clean bill of health. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
2 eggs is a very small ammount, but not impossible, my female had a clutch of 2 last year. What are her colours like? How is she behaving??

Any signs of stress/darkness/no appitite i would get her to the vet asap for an x-ray as she may be egg bound. Was she mated this year?

missnikki

Original Poster
her behaviour and appetite have been really good. its just her appetite has changed cuz she is getting close to laying eggs. and she still climbs all over her tank and not lethargic at all. she did get pregnant around christmas time but we moved so she was stressed out for a bit but then i took her to the vet and he told me to keep on feeding her and up her calcium for a bit and then she will produce eggs. I know she is getting kinda old. her scales on her neck are getting floppy the vet said she was around 5 years old when i brought her in too so that could be the case too. just wanted to make sure that this was not something that i had to take her to the vet for. she hates the vet she can sense it and then she wont eat for a while and all she does is hide. so i would only want to take her there if there was something wrong and thats why i came to you guys first.everyone here helped me get her back to great health when i first got her. ill keep an extra eye on her now for anything strange. But she still seems like the same old Lisa. thank you everyone very much ill keep you updated if anything else shows up.and honestly when i got her she was as white as a piece of paper and the people told me that she was a snow dragon. well in the past while that she has been getting exremely better, her colors are really coming out she is almost all grey with yellow on her and her designs are starting to come back full force too. and ever since she has showed signs of wanted to lay eggs her color and markings change and improve drastically by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom