2 year old beardie suddenly acting crazy this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
This summer Freddie started acting angry and crazy when I take him out of his cage. He wouldn't let me go and pick him up like I always did (slowly and gently from underneath). He black beards and flattens out and even hisses at me! He has attempted to bite or anything. He calmed down for a little while and now he is doing it again. It has been about a month since his last episode and now he did it again this morning! I don't understand why the sudden change in personality. He is over 2 years old and I thought the moody puberty days were over.

ANy help is much appreciated.

(Temps are great and the uvb distance and all are as they should be with reptisun and he can get within -8 inches of the bulb. He is on tile for substrate. Eating normally though he doesn't like his greens as much as he does his crix but he still eats a bit of his greens.)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is there a Female dragon around? It could be hormones.

Or it can be something as simple as something spooked him earlier in the day and he is still spooked from it. Either way, continued handling will calm him down eventually.

-Brandon

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No female. He seemed to be really moody in the spring and then stopped. I did try bringing him outside this summer when he was acting normal. He didn't like it at first buy get better every time. I have brought him out about 5 times. I didn't do it thus week at all and he just went nuts for no reason today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom