2 year old beardie is very moody lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
He is normally a very docile guy and likes to explore my living room and sometimes just chill on me. After this winter (he just turned 2 years old in April) he has moments where he black beards and sometimes hisses and blows himself and beard up really big when I go to grab him and put him in his tank or on my lap. He never did this before. I hold him almost every day. He has been calm for a few days now so I decided to try out his new leash. He didn't like it at all. I figured that was because he is used to going anywhere he wants in the living room. So I tried it outside today and he still just freaked out and got very defensive. I still kept petting him assuringly and he kept his beard out for a long time. I talked to him in a clam voice and offered treats but he didn't give in.

I thought he was considered and adult now and was supposed to calm right down to the point of laziness. I am happy he is still active but the last month and a bit he has been very moody and out of character. Any thoughts from those whom have had this experience or have raised a couple beardies?

Gail

BD.org Addict
It could be hormones, males can get a bit cranky in the spring/summer during breeding season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom