2 weeks and NO POOP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our beardie Jericho has now gone 2 weeks without a poop. He is 8 months old, 18 inches and about 442 g. Hes still eating a failry decent amount, hes somewhat active, and doesnt seem to be showing signs of impaction. He gets a bath daily and still nothing. He gets fresh collard greens every morning and he eats them willingly, we put some worms or crickets in there and he just stares at them. once in a blue moon he'll eat one on his own, but he def seems more interested in veggies. usually if we put an insect in front of him he's more likely to eat it, but the "hunt" seems to be all but gone. He has a proper set up, hes in a 48" showcase tank with 2 uvb bulbs, 36" in the front and 24" in the back,both repti sun 10.0. he also has a 60w clear for his basking spot which is usually around 105 degrees, his cool side is around 80. he has tile for his substrate and plenty of places to climb and shade to hide under. everything is ideal and yet still no poop.

I've tried baby food but he won't open his mouth, so i put it on his nose and hell lick a little off but not enough to really make a difference. I give him belly rubs in the bath too, nothing feels significantly hard. hes mobile and climbs around his cage, his rear legs are def fine. We're getting nervous now...any suggestions?

this is Jericho on his hammock a few weeks ago, he also has a hollow log for shade now too.
file-182.jpg

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Try squash or prune baby food. Plain canned pumpkin without the spices works, too. Mix a few drops of vegetable or mineral oil into a bit of the baby food/ pumpkin and give via syringe. You can also bathe him twice a day to ensure that he stays hydrated. Hang in there! Hopefully, this too, shall pass. :wink:

jerichosmom

Original Poster
I've tried baby food thru a syringe, he won't eat anything. I can't force his mouth open, so how do you get a stubborn dragon to eat it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom