2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wills

Is it okay to give your BD city water, or should I give him bottled spring water?

Right now my BD is about 2-3 months and his 25% of vegtables are cucumber and kale. Is this enough? Is it safe to give him pre-packaged mixed salad?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
At two to three months, he'll need 80% feeders (crickets, phoenix worms, small butterworms) and 20% greens. He probably won't want many greens at this age. However, I would put greens in his viv with him and use collards, mustard, turnip greens. You can use some romain lettuce, just not much because that will give them more water than nurishment. About the pre packaged salad mix, it depends on what's in it. The only thing that head lettuce is good for is a beardie that is dehydrated. Head lettuce has no nutritional value at all, the romain and green, read lettuce are better, just not that much.

patrickb

Juvie Member
Not sure on the water, but I give my reptiles and tarantulas regular tap water all the time and have no issues. The quality of the water varies greatly from city to city anyways. Bottled or distilled water would probably be the safest bet, but tap water has worked fine for me.

As mentioned above, the salad mix would depend on what is in it. Check out http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html for a list of things that are good and bad for your beardie. I would recommend cutting back on the cucumbers quite a bit, as they have no nutrition to them and are almost complete water. They work well for helping to hydrate, but that can cause some runny poo, same as the head lettuce. Checking the chart out, Kale isn't a good thing to feed as the staple salad either. The greens mentioned by Beardie Parents are definitely the way to go.

Wills

Original Poster
So is it cool if i give him only mustard greens, or do I have to give him a variety?

patrickb

Juvie Member
You could give him just mustard greens only and he might be ok. However, I highly recommend you offer some variety, even if just once a week to keep him from getting "bored" of his greens and to add some other natural vitamins into his diet. Would you be happy eating spinach all day long every day of your life? :p

LJean

Extreme Poster
You could stick with just mustard greens and add a variety of veggies. If you are eating, say peas for dinner one night, wouldn't hurt to add a few to the dragons dish tomorrow. (just an example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom