2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Gail":1jjxffvv said:
4 days with no food or water could possibly kill a baby, you really should consider waiting until you get back from vacation before bringing him home. At the very least, that would be considered neglect.
Leaving crickets in the cage while you are gone isn't a option either, they will bite a sleeping dragon.

Dragons don't really need a hide, which I'm assuming you were using the box for. Basking rocks/sticks and some stuff to climb on are all you really need.

I agree with Gail

B1ackfire

Original Poster
Its a 22 gallon tank. The board is made out of elmers wood glue wood and carpet. Im going to use news paper for substrate. I am what to go to the pet store to get thermometers and lights.

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I'm afraid that in the heat needed for a basking spot the glue may give off toxic fumes and that the claws of your beardie will get stuck in the carpet. . . Here is what Mojo's cage looks like. where it says where UVB will be is where it is now. I need a new photo lol.

IMG0020copy.jpg

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I would not use a board at all. Rocks hold heat way better and wear down their claws.

A cool light is one of those household energy saver bulbs, they put off little to no heat but make the tank brighter.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I have heard of members having trouble with their beardie's eyes after installing those "cool" lights, so be careful.

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
That's very nice but its a rough carpet, what you have looks fluffy which would catch up their claws. Again what I share is what I have been told here or seen else where. Take what you agree with and leave the rest. There is no one way to decorate your viv, just be sure its not potentially harmful like heated glue. A safer way to secure it would be with a staple gun which can be gotten fairly inexpensively at walmart. I personally would not put a board in my viv. Why? Because I had one once and it got mold on it because I was not there to clean off poop right away. Also I got tired of bleaching it after every poop. Again just my opinions and experiences.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I personally would go the route of a plank of wood as you have, reptile carpet and stapling it on a seam underneath. Cut the carpet to be similar to a present on the bottom side. Kind of like this example.
example01.jpg

LOL at my great MS paint artwork. :wink:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's beautiful lol.
I can actually understand it though, so thats good lol.

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
spurlee01":1ugvph7g said:
I have heard of members having trouble with their beardie's eyes after installing those "cool" lights, so be careful.
really? I never knew that! I feel bad now as I use to use them when I had MVB's!!

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I have only heard of eye issues with compact UV lights and the reptiglos. How would white light hurt their eyes if its good to have it nice and bright??

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Just to clarify the "cool light" is a light placed on the cool side of the enclosure for added regulation in temperature control. Any other reference to "cool light" is unknown to me at the moment. If I am wrong please I am looking for and educational lesson, LOL :wink:

Jess

Extreme Poster
I've always used those "energy saver" lights on the cool side, and neither of the beardies I've had have ever had problems. :? It's no different than using a regular light bulb.

I have indoor/outdoor carpeting on Dud's ramp and I hot glued it on. He doesn't use it anyways though LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom