2 months w/out pooping - very worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hello
ok ive joined quite late in the conversation here and im so glad to hear he did poop! i know how scary it is when they dont go like clockwork!

WingoDragon":1e203 said:
Question about hydrating him; he is not drinking when I mist him and is actually acting like it bothers him to have the water squirted at him (he has always loved being misted in the past, but not the last few weeks). I have read several sites that say soaking them is a good way to hydrate them - is this true? I guess I don't understand that - do they soak it in through their skin? If they aren't actually drinking from the bath tub, how would it hydrate them? Sorry for the ignorant questions, but I am trying to learn as much as possible.

ok sorry to say this and not sure if it may have already been said but misting him is not a good idea nor is misting his environment either as both of these can cause his humidity levels to rise too much and that could lead to an RI and thats the last thing your lil one needs right now.
i would not have thought he would like being sprayed either, when mine are splashing about in their baths and a drop of water gets in their eyes or near their eyes, they instantly close them then black beard and i always think "well you did it not me" lol.
no they do not soak the water through their skin however they can indeed soak water through their vents very well and this is the best way to hydrate them, no chance then to have them aspirate any in their lungs. so the water level should be just above their elbows or even up to their armpits if hes an adult and as long as their vents (where they poop from) below water level then he will be kinda drinking it, :shock: hope this helps some more
:D

WingoDragon

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for their advice and assistance through this difficult time for me and my sweet dragon. He is hanging in there and seems to be on the road to recovery. He will only eat from my hand now, which is a bit odd, but I get a kick out of it and don't mind a bit. He never used to do this, so maybe he just trusts me more or something now. I think he's just really happy not to have a syringe crammed in his mouth!

His tank is lined with slate now and he seems to like it.

He is not pooping much, unfortunately - only once last week and none this week, but I soak him and keep hoping for the best. Truth be told, he has never pooped much anyway. Two months, though, that was scary. :(

Thanks again to all from Wingo and me!

LJean

Extreme Poster
At least he is pooing some. :) Are you still using some unsweetened applesauce or a few drops of oil?

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
i am sure the pooping will progressively get better. I am sure that he still probably has some "old" poop in there and he still needs to get that system working. The more he starts to eat and the more time that passes should make things better. just keep doing the olive oil thing for a while and feeding appropriate sized insects and veggies.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
wow that was a long time at least he is going thats the main thing!
hope he continues to get better for you and his pooping becomes more regular!
:D

MissT

BD.org Addict
Well at least he has pooped.... and hopefully, with your great care, he can continue to improve and hopefully start pooping on a more regular basis!

Good luck!

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom