2 females in a very large viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have one baby bearded right now. Only a baby. 9 inches total length. I belive it's a female when looking at the tail based I do not see two defined bulges only one small in the middle. I am building a very large viv right now. 5'×2'×30" my gf recently seen another baby she's crazy about. If that baby is a female when I go check does anyone think that the enclosure is big enough to house 2? Of course quarantine would happen before introducing.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Thats not an exceptionally large enclosure for a single adult. It's close to the size I -might- -consider- cohabiting as viable but as a general rule cohabitation is not recommended. You want plenty of basking/feeding/perching/territory resources and even still you need a back up cage in case things go south and they don't get on.

One dragon in a cage that size will be happier and you'll be able to provide for it better than two that are forced to be roommates. I have a 4x2x4 cage and while it seems spacious enough for two it would be really hard to provide resources that they wouldn't have to compete for.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
We cannot say strongly enough here how quickly things can go wrong with cohabitation. There are countless horror stories, even in threads on this forum, of times that things went south due to cohabitation. It doesn't matter how big the viv is, one dragon will show dominance over the other. The dragons could seem like they're getting on fine, and suddenly they are fighting. Limbs have had to be amputated, eyes have been gouged out, and more. It's not pretty. They are a very territorial species. If you want a second dragon, you MUST get a second viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom