2 bulbs in 1 vivarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title is misleading.

I have a basking spot with a 60w bulb producing the heat for my beardie, in a clamped dome inside the viv. I also have a komodo ceramic holder, is it okay to place them next to each other? one is focused on the basking spot the other will just be a 40w bulb for extra heat.

Is this okay? or will it raise the temperatures unnessisarily on the hot end ?

At the moment I have the basking spot on the hot end and the 40w bulb in the centre of the back wall in the viv.

Basking temp 42
Hot side at 33
Cool side at 28

Thanks in advance!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's fine as long as the temperatures stay appropriate.. which you won't know until you try.

Why do you need a second bulb, 42c is already a warm enough basking spot. You don't want it to really get hotter than that.

-Brandon

DixonFromCleveland

Original Poster
42 celcius is the basking spot surface temperature, what i mean is, what effect would moving the cermaic bulb closer to the basking spot, not over the basking spot as well, just to raise ambient temperatures, but is it alright having it in the centre of the viv?

The warm side is usually 31 and the cool side 27

Check out this image, see what I mean?, it used to be were it says 'to here' but I moved it to were it says 'from here' because I was not sure.

20131016_212205.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom