1st time feeding SilkWorms.. questions and Pics !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
I finally got my shipment of butterwomrs & silkworms today !! Yayy ! I gave MJ medium sized silkies... not sure how many but at first she wasn't interested.. then went BANANAS !! Which is a good thing since she's had trouble eating lately!! So anyway... I placed them in a little bowl dish and they all seemed to clump up and stick to each other. MJ offcourse went for it and they were all balled up together. Should I be worried? Ok to get to the point, my questions are:

1. How do you prepare you silkies ? (mix with salad, etc?)
2. Do you dust them?
3. How many silkies per day?
4. IS it ok for them to eat when they're all clumped up.. shown in pic below (bigger than the size between eyes)
5. I need some info on breeding them, anyone have posted a link or a thread somewhere around here? (did search, couldnt find any)

Also, I leave work very eary (4am), so I usually leave her supers and salad in her viv. Can I do that with silkies ? OR would it be better to wait until I get off work (5 pm ish), then put in a seperate dish and feed her that way?

Thanks so much in advanced !

See how they're all clumped up and balled up ?? Is that ok ?
IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

fez09

Extreme Poster
YAY for MJ eating!! That's a step in the right direction! I'm sorry, haven't fed silkies yet so I can't answer any of your questions! Someone smarter will come along any minute and help you out...

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I just feed them by themselves and let Lilly eat as many as she wants (she stops around 10). I've been told not to dust them. Make sure you dump out the poop every day or they die.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
spurlee01":58c6e said:
I just feed them by themselves and let Lilly eat as many as she wants (she stops around 10). I've been told not to dust them. Make sure you dump out the poop every day or they die.

Ok yea I thought so. I usually mix her worms (small mealies or supers) in her salad and leave in fridge till the next day.. but didn't do that with the silkies.. THANK GOODNESS !!

Umm.. the poop ??? What do they look like ? Sorry I'm an amateur when it comes to silkies. I still ahve them in the container Mulberry Farms sent them in.. is that ok ? Was I supposed to remove them and place somewhere else ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom