17 inch bearded dragon not getting thick yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

breeyawnah

My beardie Thor is 17 inches long and 10 months old. He is pretty big but he's not getting the thick head and meaty legs yet. Should I be worried or will he think out around a year?
He eats crickets and greens daily (kale, parsley, mustard greens, celery greens, red peppers, green beans and his juvenile bearded dragon pellets) I used to give him meal worms but I stopped about 7 months ago.

BEARDIESandCOFFEE

Hatchling Member
PICS? (of him)
and a complete list of his set up/housing (including lights,temps) this will help people answer questions when you have a concern regarding health. :D

breeyawnah

Original Poster

That's him compared to nail polish. His set up is a 40 gallon tank, 100w ceramic heat emitter, 75w basking light and a long tube UVB repti-sun. His cool side is 80 and his warm side is around 95-100. He has a big root that gets him 8-5 inches from his basking/heat emitter

BEARDIESandCOFFEE

Hatchling Member
looks pretty good. your set up seems fine, and according to your feeding, he seems to be eating well correct? Honestly, he may just be a smaller dragon. If he's eating regularly and not having any trouble digesting (pooping) then sound to me like you may just a have a little beardie. :D Any dragon can get "fat" from constant feeding of fattening foods (i.e. mice) but your little guy doesn't look malnourished or sickly so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. just double check your feeding amounts (theres tons of old posts on here in regards to how much to feed ) :wink:

BEARDIESandCOFFEE

Hatchling Member
P.S. He is only 10 months old (i just re-read your post) so he could still have a little more growing to do as far as maturing and getting "wider" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom