14' offered pinkie mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
ok well i was away all day today for school and work until 9 and i asked my cousin to come down 3x and feed fc today. well,she did her own research even though i wrote down everything and showed her where the worms were and showered her which are which.and she discovered the wonderful pinkie mice :shock: and yeah so she went and bought 2 from pet smart and put them in for fc to eat, which by the way is only 14inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry5: :angry5: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: and well apparentl itought fc very well he was too smart to eat them! they have been in there for about 9 hours and they both were there she fed him the worms to because he woudn't eat the pinkies(thank goodness) buyt now im stuck with 2 pinkie mice my question is can i feed them t my super worms? or anything else? id give them to my cat but she gets suck from the mice she sought(we just moved and she finished off all the mice thank goodness. but now im stuck with them and she wasted my $3 i gave her for crickets and well i dont know what to do with them.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
thats pretty messed up :? . how old is your cousin, my guess is shes not mature enough to handle caring for a pet. not listening to directions is how mistakes happen and all it takes is one mistake...

pinkies are not just too big for your dragon, they are way too high in fat/phophorus and low in protien/calcium. plus they are filled with sharp little bones. its important you only feed your dragon invertebrates(bugs).

make sure you tell her WHY what she did was wrong. some people think its cool to watch bearded dragons eat things like lizards, mice and other vertebrates... those people are putting their own enjoyment over their animals saftey.

dont feed those poor baby mice to superworms... feeding to snakes is one thing. they constrict and kill the animal quick. if you feed those poor things to your worms well, you can imagine the long slow process. i would take them back to the store if their still alive and try to trade them in or just give them back.

p.s. no offense meant to you. i know you dont condone that kind of thing :wink:

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
jscott":e1d2a said:
dont feed those poor baby mice to superworms... feeding to snakes is one thing. they constrict and kill the animal quick. if you feed those poor things to your worms well, you can imagine the long slow process. i would take them back to the store if their still alive and try to trade them in or just give them back.

They are likely frozen, pre-killed mice. I don't think any of the big-box stores sells live mice for feeding. (IMO this is a good thing, our poor rescued Boa has scars all over him and can't shed well).. Anyways, I don't think there is anything you really can do with the mice.. Tossing them out; and never letting your cousin take care of your animals sounds like a good plan!

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yea, they were alive and well this morning she called me up and said she bought four, so he ate 2,wil he be ok? i would never feed him pinkies.....they r so cute i kinda wanna keep them but i know i dont have the stuff to keep them alive. im going tocal the petstore today and see if they will take them back money or no money return,

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
OMG, live?? Thats horrible. It would be nearly impossible to keep them alive.. if you want to try, one of my old mouse suppliers told me goat's milk..
I can't believe she fed him two.. I'm sorry :(
There are a lot of people who do feed pinkies to their beardies, so I wouldn't fret too badly (although yours is pretty small). I would suggest lots of warm baths.. two or three a day until you are sure they have passed. Watch his/her pooping habits over the next few days.

The only thing you can do now is watch and wait.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
the plot thickens...

so he ate 2 huh? how big were they? are the two left more like the thickness of a AA or AAA batery?

start looking for somebody else to take care of him while your away. i would politely tell her not to open his cage without your consent.

its true he probably wont get hurt from two pinkies but it cirtainly was a bad decision on her part. i would recomend telling whatever adult is around you most of the day, to watch your cousin and make sure she doesnt put anything in the tank. or not, maybe im just an old grouch waving my cane at whipper-snappers :roll: .

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well he passed it today. well i guess my cousin wont be watching him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom