125 gallon Bearded Dragon Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after seeing a sub adult dragon we decided that Chuggingtons the 2nd would not love his 55 gallon tank when he got older and my husband yank my 125 gallon tank right from under my whites tree frogs. Man was I disappointed. But the frogs will be fine and have more than enough room in a 55. Plus my hubby is building a false bottom which makes me very happy.

So if you were given a 125 gallon tank for a bearded dragon (it has no lid and we are attaching the lights inside and it is on a high enough stand the cats, dog and kids can not get in). What would you do with it?

I need ideas. If I can not have my dream frog tank till we build one, then I want an awesome Dragon tank for my son.

We have plenty of light and he definitely has a warm side and a cold side. He has paper towels under him, 2 pieces of wood to get him close to the heat lights for basking and plenty of hidey holes and very small water fall that even in the 55 did not affect his humidity. What else would you do?

ju5t1n

Juvie Member
dragonmommy2003":1xm0rj6k said:
So after seeing a sub adult dragon we decided that Chuggingtons the 2nd would not love his 55 gallon tank when he got older and my husband yank my 125 gallon tank right from under my whites tree frogs. Man was I disappointed. But the frogs will be fine and have more than enough room in a 55. Plus my hubby is building a false bottom which makes me very happy.

So if you were given a 125 gallon tank for a bearded dragon (it has no lid and we are attaching the lights inside and it is on a high enough stand the cats, dog and kids can not get in). What would you do with it?

I need ideas. If I can not have my dream frog tank till we build one, then I want an awesome Dragon tank for my son.

We have plenty of light and he definitely has a warm side and a cold side. He has paper towels under him, 2 pieces of wood to get him close to the heat lights for basking and plenty of hidey holes and very small water fall that even in the 55 did not affect his humidity. What else would you do?

I think your frogs would be happy in a 55 gallon(I just made a frog vivarium with live plants, background and water feature on my youtube). I believe you can house a pair of adults White's Tree Frogs in a minimum of a 20 gallon tall since they are arboreal. You may be able to do a vertical conversion too.

Also your beardie would like the extra floor space of the 125 gallon.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to PM me for more info! I have a few links bookmarked.
-Justin

dragonmommy2003

Original Poster
My husband and I have mostly figured out the frog tank I think. I still have to put it all together but he finished the false bottom today.

I have no idea what is the optimal decorations for a beardie to make him the happiest he can be so any help there would be appreciated.

dragonmommy2003

Original Poster
My husband and I have mostly figured out the frog tank I think. I still have to put it all together but he finished the false bottom today.

I have no idea what is the optimal decorations for a beardie to make him the happiest he can be so any help there would be appreciated.

dragonmommy2003

Original Poster
ju5t1n":30ndm415 said:
Sweet!

Decorations are optional, but I like to use a decent sized piece of driftwood. You can do a DIY background made from polystyrene too.

Here's some albums of my beardies, their vivariums and my frog vivarium.
http://jdawgspets.webs.com/apps/photos/

Your tanks are awesome. I am trying to make the 55 look like a jungle. But we are picking up a 75 also today. It will become a frog tank later but it will take awhile. I can not wait.

ju5t1n

Juvie Member
Thank you :D
I think the frog vivarium took about 7 days all together to make it was spread out over a few weeks. Yeah I wanted mine to look like an amazon rain forest! I'm happy with how it came out.
PM me or post a picture when your done I wanna see! :D

ju5t1n

Juvie Member
Yeah it works!
lol yeah I'm going to try and get some more plants for mine next weekend at the Pomona, CA Reptile Super Show too.
It looks good! Is that a rain system your putting in their too?

-Justin

dragonmommy2003

Original Poster
ju5t1n":2999er85 said:
Yeah it works!
lol yeah I'm going to try and get some more plants for mine next weekend at the Pomona, CA Reptile Super Show too.
It looks good! Is that a rain system your putting in their too?

-Justin

Wish we could go but that is not in the cards.

We are trying to make it a misting and rain system all in one.

ju5t1n

Juvie Member
Yeah I kinda wanted to put a drip wall or misting or rain in mine, but I just did a waterfall. I'm happy with how it turned out.

dragonmommy2003

Original Poster
ju5t1n":120bp0na said:
Yeah I kinda wanted to put a drip wall or misting or rain in mine, but I just did a waterfall. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Your tank looks really cool. We need the misting, rain system in our tank for the plants and frogs. We can not keep the humidity up enough with just the water fall, but with the drip/misting/rain system we should be able to handle that.

Once we figure out this tank we are going to start planning the 75 gallon breeder tank we picked up for them.

ju5t1n

Juvie Member
Sweet!!!
Yeah I used to mist it everyday with a hand mister and the humidity was good for dart frogs, but my temperature was to high when I sealed the top. I took the saran wrap off the top and the temps was good but no humidity! Now I just have some local frogs I got that were tadpoles that turned into Pacific Tree Frogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom