11 Yr Old Dragon Not Eating Veggies

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
I have an 11-year-old dragon who has not been eating his fruit/veg for the past few weeks. He is still enthusiastically eating his wax worms and horn worms when offered, but he is leaving his salads untouched, even his raspberries which he usually gobbles up immediately. I have tried offering him different greens and fruits than his usual fare, but he doesn't even go over and investigate it. He just completely ignores anything I put in his salad bowl.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have an 11-year-old dragon who has not been eating his fruit/veg for the past few weeks. He is still enthusiastically eating his wax worms and horn worms when offered, but he is leaving his salads untouched, even his raspberries which he usually gobbles up immediately. I have tried offering him different greens and fruits than his usual fare, but he doesn't even go over and investigate it. He just completely ignores anything I put in his salad bowl.
How often are you feeding wax worms? They are very fatty and should be fed sparingly - try some super worms and horn worms - have you tried feeding BSFL on top of the salads ?

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
How often are you feeding wax worms? They are very fatty and should be fed sparingly - try some super worms and horn worms - have you tried feeding BSFL on top of the salads ?
I do not feed wax worms often AT ALL, but bought some when he wasn't eating just to see if he would eat those, since I know he loves them so much. It was encouraging to see how quickly and enthusiastically he ate them, but I simply cannot get him to eat his salads.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I do not feed wax worms often AT ALL, but bought some when he wasn't eating just to see if he would eat those, since I know he loves them so much. It was encouraging to see how quickly and enthusiastically he ate them, but I simply cannot get him to eat his salads.
They do go off their food at times - has he ever had BSFL?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He has had phoenix worms.
Did he eat them? You can try putting them on top of his salads and see if he will go to the bowl - drop them in the bowl right in front of him and see if that gets his attention - what about bee pollen? another lure

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Most people at one time or another have trouble with their dragons eating greens!
Bee pollen has a tendency to add a flavor that they seem to like, or you can also try some
sugar free applesauce & drizzle a small amount on top of or in with the greens like a salad
dressing. Butternut squash is usually liked, too.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom