10 month old dragons on veggie strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Our two ten month old dragons (who live in different cages, in different rooms) have gradually slowed down on their veggie eating, which was really good at around 6 months. They are still fine with their cricket meals (afternoon and evening) but the veggies they get in the a.m. just sit there unless we add red peppers or strawberries, which they then pick out and ignore the greens. We have been feeding mixtures of various varieties of local organic kale and collard greens, with dandelion or other greens thrown into the mix now and then. Ideas?

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
I think they are discriminating based on color, maybe taste. Try a prickly pear. I've heard most dragons love them. Smurf never came off his veggie strike. As a baby he was fed veggies and worms. He doesn't eat the veggies now that he has crickets. I still haven't found a decent price for worms.
Try adding more color to their variety.

I wouldn't worry about it. I saw some advice here that said to add some fruit juice just to satisfy their sweet tooth. :roll:

Gail

BD.org Addict
can you get any mustard greens or turnip greens? They seem to be preferred over kale and collards.
You might have to just not feed so many bugs so he is hungry enough to go for the greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom