10 month old brumating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If hes going to bed earlier than normal you can shut his lights off - the gray beard is fine - just watch him he sounds like things are normal

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, your pics didn't post. So are you 100 % sure that Clyde is a female and do you know how to check to be sure ? The strange behavior may be just the difference in temps. and can be a normal response.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
My dragons are set for 14 on 10 off (6am to 8pm) and they seem to like it that way. They seem to know when it is close to night night time because they will go to their favorite sleeping spot about 30 minutes before lights out. They need 12 to 14 hours of daylight and absolutely NO lights at night.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dark grey beard this morning:
full

About 20 minutes later, less black:
full

Okay, he is about 10.5 months old but he's only just started napping during the day, no other brumation behavior. I'll keep an eye out. If he seems tired should I lengthen his nigh cycle? I usually keep it at bout 11 hrs of nighttime and 13 hours of daytime.
If its winter where you are you can shut lights off early if hes gone to sleep ---

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice looking boy ! A little touch of grey showing in the beard isn't anything to worry about, especially when it's just for a short time like that. I'd keep the lights on the way Gormagon described, 14 hours day, 10 hours night. If they want to sleep they will but since he's young this can shorten the time that he tries sleeping. Either way is actually fine though.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Yeah I'm sure he's female, checked twice with a flashlight when he was younger. Also weighed him and he's about 450g. I still have him on a shorter day schedule because he seems to nap more now, or just want to sleep more. Other than that he is great! He eats his roaches and veggies and pretty much never shown signs of being stressed. Because he seemed tired I was giving him 12.5 hrs of daylight and 11.5 hrs of nighttime but I just switched it to 13 day and 11 night. I'll see how he does with that :) He has been going to sleep before his light go off though, maybe an hour or two before.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yeah I'm sure he's female, checked twice with a flashlight when he was younger. Also weighed him and he's about 450g. I still have him on a shorter day schedule because he seems to nap more now, or just want to sleep more. Other than that he is great! He eats his roaches and veggies and pretty much never shown signs of being stressed. Because he seemed tired I was giving him 12.5 hrs of daylight and 11.5 hrs of nighttime but I just switched it to 13 day and 11 night. I'll see how he does with that :) He has been going to sleep before his light go off though, maybe an hour or two before.
He will adjust in time. My dragons try to nap during the day, at times but so do I if I can get away with it, lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom