10 gallon tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

conblack

ok so i have a 10 gallon tank for my 2 baby bearded dragons and i was worried about the light and heating...
i saw some videos on how place thet light and all that stuff but since i have a small tank i don't want to overheat the dragons(the spend most of the time at the basking area)
i use a sunlight of 60W and a 10.0 UV-B light of 26W on the day and a red infrared spot lamp of 75W(since is about 5 to 10 degrees cooler at night), and i just places the warm carpet(forgot the name of it, witch is a plastic carpet that sticks at the outside button of the tank.

is that enough heat or should i increase the W on the lamps?, or get heat from more sources?

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
i would go buy a thermometer with a probe thinge. there much cheaper then buying a bunch of lamps, the basking side should be somewhere around 100-110, and the cool side around 80-85. however with such a small tank its going to be hard to get those temps right on the cool side. The night time temps can dip to around the 60's before they need more heat at night.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I would seriously consider buying a larger tank, immediately. For one, it will be impossible to properly maintain temps/humidity, and secondly those two dragons are going to grow so fast, they will outgrow it, pronto.

Take my word on this too, buy the largest tank/cage you can afford. Don't waste your money on a cage that will do for now, only to have to buy another one later. If you buy the proper bulbs/fixtures for such a small tank, you will also just end up buying stronger/bigger ones later..

Also, many will argue about how you shouldn't house more than one dragon in a tank.. I will let that be for others to argue! :)

LJean

Extreme Poster
Definately invest in a good thermometer. The temps are important. You don't want to over heat them, which can happen in a small tank. You also don't want the basking spot too cool. ;)

If your house doesn't dip below 65 degrees at night, I wouldn't worry about heating the tank then.

Very true that one dragon will outgrow a ten gallon tank quickly, two even more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom