10.0 or 5.0 reptisun uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the difference bbetween a 10.0 and a 5.0 bulb by reptisun uvb.

and which one is better to use for a 10 inch long beardie in a 20 gallon tank.

its not the best question but its been on my mind for a couple days lol :banghead:

paul

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
The reptisun 10.0 is the stronger bulb, and one of the most tested and reliable flourescent tube UVB bulbs available around here. The reptisun 5.0 is decent, but not as strong, so if you can get the 10.0 go for it.

Also, make sure you're getting the long flourescent tube version, not the coiled or compact bulb.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
There are a variety of problems with the compact bulbs of any brand. Some cause eye problems with dragons, others have a dangerous inital burn in (they put off dangerously high levels of UVB for the first couple of days). They also tend to have an erratic/fast decay rate, so that you're not quite sure when they stop putting out enough UVB for your dragon. Unless you have a UVB meter to monitor the UVB being put out by the bulb I wouldn't risk a compact bulb, there have been too many reports of dragons suffering under them. The flourescent tubes on the other hand, don't pose any of those risks and have been well tested and proven to be reliable sources of UVB for your dragon.

sandfirebeard

Original Poster
wow didnt no that thanks alot for your help now i will definitly get the flouresecent bulb , im greatfulll that there is people like u that can point out my soon to be mistakes , thankx again

paul :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom