“Full spectrum” lighting help ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argam1998

I’ve got three 4x2x2 enclosures stacked. I’ve already got my halogen flood lights and Sunblaster T5 light fixture with reptisun 10.0 HO bulb all set up for the sunbeam method where the T5 and halogen are concentrated in the basking area. T5 bulb is a good 10 inches away from basking . Also got ceramic heat emitter for all three enclosure for nights and maybe during the day if I can’t get the temps high enough. My main concern is do I really need to provide my beardy with the “full
Spectrum “ as in cri bulbs or anything like that ? Haven’t bearded dragon hobbies gone by years with just the uv lights and heat bulbs ? I know the reptisun t5s give off uva which helps with visibility which helps as in giving a better light spectrum . Is it really necessary to have a third light source ??? Can I just get by with T5 10.0 and heat bulb without going too deep into light spectrums ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Argam1998":33xsp5fu said:
I’ve got three 4x2x2 enclosures stacked. I’ve already got my halogen flood lights and Sunblaster T5 light fixture with reptisun 10.0 HO bulb all set up for the sunbeam method where the T5 and halogen are concentrated in the basking area. T5 bulb is a good 10 inches away from basking . Also got ceramic heat emitter for all three enclosure for nights and maybe during the day if I can’t get the temps high enough. My main concern is do I really need to provide my beardy with the “full
Spectrum “ as in cri bulbs or anything like that ? Haven’t bearded dragon hobbies gone by years with just the uv lights and heat bulbs ? I know the reptisun t5s give off uva which helps with visibility which helps as in giving a better light spectrum . Is it really necessary to have a third light source ??? Can I just get by with T5 10.0 and heat bulb without going too deep into light spectrums ?

Your setup is fine so long the distance from the T5HO 10%UVB (which also emits UVA) tubes are NO MORE THAN 10" from the basking spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom