Why always a black beard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
17987-3189953454.jpg
The fixture with reflector I ordered yesterday will be delayed. Now I’m looking for another fixture that has a reflector that will fit a 24” T8 Reptisun tube and can be attached in his 2’x4’ melamine viv.
17987-2260821304.jpg
17987-6144040050.jpg
17987-5337578566.jpg

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Karrie, thank you.

Couple questions:
-Go with a 10 uvb bulb or stay with the 5 that comes with
the fixture?
-How would you recommend attaching the fixture inside a
viv?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Go w/ the 10.0 the 5.0 is more like your T 8 --- it can be used as a back up but the distance in the tank would be the 6-8 - the 10.0 bulb distance is 12-15 inches directly above basking decor -
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line-- potted plant wire hangers -- TAK TY cable and hook ties they look more like velcro - try Walmart for these - I am using in my tanks - My go to places for the fixtures are out did you try pet mountain I could not get the category for the website to work - they did have them tho or atleast the 24" I couldnt get back on there to see if they had the T 8 fixture
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I don't know anything about breeders- you can post on this website your questions
Karrie

fcooper

Hatchling Member
It's just his beard. Could be stress, cold, hungry, or just saw something he didn't like the look of (like his own reflection). I wouldn't worry about it.

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
fcooper said:
It's just his beard. Could be stress, cold, hungry, or just saw something he didn't like the look of (like his own reflection). I wouldn't worry about it.[/quo

I will try and contact the breeder to inquire whether his black beard is genetic. It’s always black.

I’m thankful to Karrie and will make changes to the lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom