You know you're a beardie owner when...

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: You know you're a beardie owner when...

Postby SHBailey » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:18 am

I think some beardies just enjoy having a warm mammalian body to snuggle up with, whether it comes with a movie or not. :wink:

So here's another one: You know you're a beardie slave when your favorite thing to do on a summer afternoon is to sit in a nice weed patch and pick dandelions for your bearded dragon. :mrgreen:
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby JIMMIA » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:16 pm

SHBailey wrote:So here's another one: You know you're a beardie slave when your favorite thing to do on a summer afternoon is to sit in a nice weed patch and pick dandelions for your bearded dragon. :mrgreen:

Or when you go to pick them and your beardie sits on that very special one you want to keep and kills the plant so have to pick it anyway haha :)
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

Postby SHBailey » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:18 am

Our beardie usually doesn't get a chance to interfere with the weed picking because it's usually too cool for him to be outside. Could have done, during this last heat wave, but he's so not used to it that it isn't worth getting him all stressed out.

So he doesn't get a chance to graze or kill the plants for us. :wink:
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Foxxy76 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:04 am

You know you're a beardie owner when you grow dandelions in your house for your dragons.
Foxxy76
Hatchling Poster

Postby SHBailey » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:33 pm

They grow wild all over in our front and back yard. But this summer my husband is trying to grow little pots of collards, endive, and mustard greens for the beardie -- it's an experiment. We've got some little green things so far, but they're still very small. :)
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:38 pm

SHBailey wrote:So did he appear to enjoy the movie?

Our beardie used to show some interest in the TV. Light and color and sound, but I'm not sure how he perceived it. :? Nowadays I can cuddle him while watching TV, and he usually just goes to sleep. :sleepy2:
JIMMIA wrote:you know you’re a beardie owner when ——->
you take your bearded dragon to the film cinema to watch “The Lion King” like how our parents took us to see it as a young child lol :) aka proud parent moment as I don’t have any children of my own yet haha :)

Lol, I've never taken my dragons to a cinema before, but my Beardies do enjoy hanging out with us while we watch a movie, And Loki has seemed to enjoy hanging out on my shoulder while my siblings and I play through The final fantasy games again. He just sits there and head bobs at the TV. :lol:
Slave to Four Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, a Ball Python, two Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie Tales