Good Unisex Names??

Status
Not open for further replies.

evie123

Hi, so i am planning on getting a juvenile bearded dragon some time in the near future. I’ve been looking around on the internet for some good unisex names, as i’ve heard you can’t tell their gender for a while, and i can’t seem to find any good ones at all! Any good suggestions?

Thanks! :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Actually in most cases you can tell the gender right out of the egg, personally I've sexed a 1-2 month old beardie before and it was very easy to see that it was male from just lifting up its tail and looking for either one or two bumps above its vent. One being female and two being male.
I also sexed my two, two year old beardies when they were 6 months of age and they were indeed female and male. Also sexed my sub-adult beardie when she was 4 months and she turned out to indeed be a female, the breeder also sexed her but just to be sure I had a look myself. You just have to get some practice in to get it down, but its fairly easy even for an untrained eye if you know what to look for.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

You could also try this: View media item 60481 Just be sure to use a very bright flashlight to see it. I sexed my beardies that way and it worked perfectly. Also, Feel free to ask any questions. We're all happy to help. :)

-HippieLizards.

evie123

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":3v41ldwj said:
Actually in most cases you can tell the gender right out of the egg, personally I've sexed a 1-2 month old beardie before and it was very easy to see that it was male from just lifting up its tail and looking for either one or two bumps above its vent. One being female and two being male.
I also sexed my two, two year old beardies when they were 6 months of age and they were indeed female and male. Also sexed my sub-adult beardie when she was 4 months and she turned out to indeed be a female, the breeder also sexed her but just to be sure I had a look myself. You just have to get some practice in to get it down, but its fairly easy even for an untrained eye if you know what to look for.

Thankyou! i thought that you could only sex them after a certain amount of time :)

evie123

Original Poster
HippieLizards said:
Hello,

You could also try this: View media item 60481 Just be sure to use a very bright flashlight to see it. I sexed my beardies that way and it worked perfectly. Also, Feel free to ask any questions. We're all happy to help. :)

-HippieLizards.[/quote

Thankyou! I didn’t know you could sex a bearded dragon that way :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yep. Your welcome. :) and In my opinion it's much easier to do it that way. Also do the flashlight sexing in a very dark room as well.

-HippieLizards.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the flashlight method is great but it is not reliable on babies + young dragons. See the topic here, the baby beardie is a male but using the flashlight it can't be determined.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=240615

If you want to post a few pics with your baby's tail arched up I or someone else can most likely sex it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom