slightly swollen eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Won't let me edit my post on my iPad but this morning he has ate a locust so I'm going to give him another. Always likes to prove me wrong this one :banghead: hahha

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Okay, I will try to find one I've just purchased a halogen 50w bulb and a ceramic holder is this any good. On the arcadia site it said that the 50w bulb produces the same amount of heat and light as what a 100w normal bulb does.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Yes, that's the one. The heat bulb should be good too, just make sure you check temps often the first couple days.

Can you get super worms? I think they are called Mario worms in the UK. They look like giant mealworms and most dragons love them. Not the best staple but are ok for variety.

shazbaz123

Original Poster
thank you Gail, I've just looked at it turns out it is morio worms I get him. Should they be fine to feed him then? He doesn't have them everyday but the days he does have them he tends to eat around 7/8 is that too many?
He's also eaten 3 locusts today, I'm going to take him outside as it is a lovely day.
He had a warm bath this morning and then I put the saline solution in his eye. I put 3 drops in, should I be doing it more than once a day or just once daily, until it looks to clear up?

shazbaz123

Original Poster
I took him outside as I said I would with it being a lovely day here and Rango (that's the name of my beardie) when really dark, could this be due to it being too cold for him or because he was scared? After about 5 minutes he started to roam around ( and try to eat everything which I stopped him from doing) and his dark beard disappeared but his dark marks all over his body remained. I've posted a picture along with it so you can see what I mean
88176-4954141504.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
Yes, if they are mario then they are ok to feed. 7-8 is ok as long as its not daily, they can be a bit fattening.
They get dark like that to help soak in the heat, its perfectly normal. Dragons change color all the time depending on temps and mood. Really nothing to worry about unless he appears sick and turns very pale with a super dark beard and stays that way.

shazbaz123

Original Poster
He's back to normal now, on another forum I posted on a lot of people are saying his fat pads are sunken in on the photos I sent did you feel the same? His pads always seem to change on size is this normal?

Gail

BD.org Addict
can you get a closer pic of the top of his head? I can't really see the fat pads all that well. They really shouldn't change size. Is he drinking at all? Is his poo well hydrated? Sunken fat pads are usually from being underweight or dehydrated and he definitely isn't underweight.

How does his eye look this morning?

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Gail":2v9rzdsb said:
can you get a closer pic of the top of his head? I can't really see the fat pads all that well. They really shouldn't change size. Is he drinking at all? Is his poo well hydrated? Sunken fat pads are usually from being underweight or dehydrated and he definitely isn't underweight.

Hi Gail,
I can't get a photo right this moment but I will put one up as soon as I can. He had a drink in the bath this morning which is something I've never seen him do before which to me indicated he was dehydrated. His poo seemed fine, perfect consistency, quite a lot of white bit. He did however struggle to get the last bit out which made me think we was impacted but he doesn't really have any other signs.

His eye is still swollen but I do think its gone down. I kept his UVB bulb on, his basking bulb comes tomorrow so I will turn it off when that comes see if it helps at all. All I've done is put saline solution on his eye

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today?
Which UVB light did you get? I hope the new one helps him out a lot. That's great his eye looks like it is going down some, now. Continue the saline solution in his eye for awhile longer in case it is still somewhat irritated.
How is his appetite?
Superworms are fine, as long as you mix them up with other insects, also.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Drache613":1rh06ztw said:
Hello,

How is he doing today?
Which UVB light did you get? I hope the new one helps him out a lot. That's great his eye looks like it is going down some, now. Continue the saline solution in his eye for awhile longer in case it is still somewhat irritated.
How is his appetite?
Superworms are fine, as long as you mix them up with other insects, also.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

I'm ordering a uvb bulb tomorrow as that's when I get paid, I posted a link to which one I'll be getting. Haven't checked his eye this morning but will be doing shortly. His appetite is fine. He ate three locusts yesterday and most of his greens. I did put a big portion out so he ate plenty. How many locusts should he be eating? He's never really been a big eater on them. The most I've ever seen him eat all together is about 4/5

EDIT 1: the bulb has come and it doesn't look very white more of an orangy colour, I'm pretty sure hes too close to it as well should I move the log and put a small rock there for him to bask on instead, he's about 8inch top most point from the light but when he sits up he's much closer and he does tend to do like sit/stand when on his branch.

EDIT 2: here's a pic of his set up
88176-9360766760.jpg
as you can see he gets very close when he sits up

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Gail":1zameiv8 said:

Hi Gail, here's the photo you asked for, it appears that one looks sunken but the other is slightly raised, is this normal?
88176-3482858.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom