discoid roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
i am thinking about getting some discoid roaches for my young bearded dragon. if i end up getting some what do i feed them? would cricket diet be ok or should i get roach chow

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Hi there!

Don't bother with commercial chow if you don't already have it. If you do already have it, it's not going to hurt anything to use it up, though. :)

But- the best thing to feed your feeders is the veggies you're feeding your dragon! If he's young and not too into his veggies yet, a good way to sneak them in there is in the bellies of his bugs! I toss my guy's leftover salad scraps into my feeder bins and they gobble it up. You can throw in any of your dragon's greens (like mustards, collards, turnips, etc.) and any of the veggies (like green beans, peppers, squash, etc.), just remember to avoid citrus and anything else that you wouldn't give to your dragon. Carrots are a good thing to toss in, too, since they have lots of moisture and will keep your roaches hydrated. Just make sure that any food in the bin doesn't get moldy, cuz that won't be good for the bugs or your dragon! (AND-not that you would- but don't use dog or cat food because it's got too much protein)

Good luck! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom