can my dragon just eat locusts ?

This forum is for discussing topics of caring for and breeding feeders (crickets, roaches, etc.) for those interested in raising their own bearded dragon live feeders.

can my dragon just eat locusts ?

Postby Isleofwightdragon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:54 am

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

Can I feed her just locusts and all her fruit and veg basicly I dont like feeding her crickets :)
Isleofwightdragon
Newbie Poster

Re: can my dragon just eat locusts ?

Postby unkempt1 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:55 am

I would think so. My understanding is that's what a lot of people in different parts of Europe do, I assume because of low cricket availability. Just make sure you only offer fruits as a rare treat, like once or twice a week, with the daily veggies. The only exception being prickly pear cactus, which can be given daily. :D
I'm either a bearded dragon owner that has roach colonies to sustain her, or a roach colony owner that has a bearded dragon to keep the colonies in check. The jury's still out. :D
unkempt1
Juvie Poster

Postby Isleofwightdragon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:22 am

Ok thanks she eats more greens than fruit :-) only thing is you get more crickets that locusts per tub lol. I dont mind if a locust escapes but a cricket thats a difrent story lol
Isleofwightdragon
Newbie Poster

Postby unkempt1 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Sounds like you're all set. :) I almost forgot, make sure the locusts are the right size, i.e. no bigger than the space between the dragon's eyes.
I'm either a bearded dragon owner that has roach colonies to sustain her, or a roach colony owner that has a bearded dragon to keep the colonies in check. The jury's still out. :D
unkempt1
Juvie Poster

Postby Isleofwightdragon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Yeah that's ok got large but there more like medium :) thanks for the help
Isleofwightdragon
Newbie Poster

Postby charliebrunt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:52 am

I have heard from the Termite Inspections unit that these dragons can eat termites as well. So you can also feed her with termites if you wish.
charliebrunt
Newbie Poster

Postby drakedragon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:16 am

Yeah that's fine feeding just locusts. That's what mine eats, but mine has extra large
drakedragon
Juvie Poster

Return to Feeders