Dubia roach question? Getting beardie tomorrow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamcollier11

Hatchling Member
I was wondering a good way to get the humidity up for my dubia's? Where to place my all in one thermometer/hydrometer? To make sure I have an accurate reading of both.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
For my colony, i dont have anything put 2 human heating pads under a 50 gallon rubbermaid bin, the heating pads are set on high, and the only temp gauge ihave is just a thermometer but i know the humidity is good because they dont die when their shedding. Just make sure to put in a water bottle with little holse on the cap if you thing your humidity is too low.

hartungs

Hatchling Member
The best way that I have found to keep the humidity levels correct is to always keep water crystals in the bin. Make sure that they are not directly above the heat source and you should be fine.

As far as the temperatures, I place my probe a couple inches above the "floor" level in the egg crates. Wait about an hour then take the reading. I don't leave the probe in there. I figured once the temperature was set, then I was good to go. So far, so good....

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Dont worry about humidity unless you start seeing bad molts. I have learned that humidity isnt a big deal with dubia.

adamcollier11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My setup up has

One hot side with human heating pad about 92 degrees and the egg crates are on that side.
Water gel (Muchies or something the brand is can't get water crystals anywhere)
Ground up cat food with oats for food with occasional fruits and veggies.
Bottle with water in it on the hot

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
water crystals fresh fruits and veggies and like clear said unless you start seeing bad molts your doing good. these guys are very easy to breed and can take a beating and will still perform for you.

adamcollier11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So as long as its dark humidity is decent and temps are right I should have zero problems?

Thanks for all your help can't wait till I need no more crickets.

Adam

foolsgold

Hatchling Member
LoL I did this on my gecko forums so here goes again :D This is my roach setup.....
My 35qt bin....
Roaches001.jpg

A picture inside, 2.5doz large egg crates on top and 1/2 ones underneath on their side for the roaches to climb on. Note the water crystals in the clear dish and the mug of water I keep in there (the crystals dry out a lot faster w/ out it in there, I only get in the bin once every two days for my geckos).
Roaches004.jpg

The 1/2 crates underneath....
Roaches005.jpg

My cutsie wootsie wittle babies!!!!! :lol: :lol: (my daughter actually wanted to KEEP them when she first saw them :shock: ) Match box car in there for a reference size.
Roaches014.jpg

MMMMMMM COCKAMAROACHES!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Roaches009-1.jpg

I just throw the roach feed in the bottom of the bin, leave the fras in there as it gives the babies something to crawl around in (I believe they eat it too :shock: ). The bin is set on a heat pad like you get at the pharmacy and I adjust it high-med-low as I need them to breed or not (high temps = more babies). I also throw apples, carrots, greens and potatoes in between the 1/2 cartons and normally there isn't anything to take out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom