Placing the hygrometer?

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
So I just ordered a hydrometer and I was wondering where to place it, I looked at the other posts about this and the replies said to place it at the back however my bearded dragon's back wall is climbable. The hygrometer I ordered uses double-sided tape to mount. I posted a photo of my bearded dragon's enclosure so you can see where I should place it.

Attachments

• 388E254C-1861-4F4C-9803-D6FBB66D2738.jpeg
    388E254C-1861-4F4C-9803-D6FBB66D2738.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 97

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I just ordered a hydrometer and I was wondering where to place it, I looked at the other posts about this and the replies said to place it at the back however my bearded dragon's back wall is climbable. The hygrometer I ordered uses double-sided tape to mount. I posted a photo of my bearded dragon's enclosure so you can see where I should place it.
Ok so please get rid of the red bulbs in the tank -- those are harmful to the eyes and will / can cause long term eye damage and keep the dragon up all night - you want ambient temps of 65-75 at night - the log going up by the basking light is not so good either - if he climbs that the light is going to be shining right in his eyes -- I dont see a UVB -- and the loose substrate I would get rid of as well - how big is the tank it looks small -- sorry I dont mean to nit pick but I am concerned for the health of the dragon - w/ the hygrometer I would place on the back center wall of the tank but does he climb that back ground? Please adjust the husbandry your dragon is getting sick w/ out proper lighting also how are you taking surface basking temps? I dont see any temp gauges as well - you want 2 digital probe thermometers in the tank one for surface basking temps and one for the cool side of the tank -- IR guns are good but can be off by certain basking materials and hammocks are one they cant read off of

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would look at upgrading the tank to a 120 gallon/ 4x2x2 -
petsmart is also carrying the zens as well you can make payments on them

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Thank you for your advice however my bearded dragon does climbing
Ok so please get rid of the red bulbs in the tank -- those are harmful to the eyes and will / can cause long term eye damage and keep the dragon up all night - you want ambient temps of 65-75 at night - the log going up by the basking light is not so good either - if he climbs that the light is going to be shining right in his eyes -- I dont see a UVB -- and the loose substrate I would get rid of as well - how big is the tank it looks small -- sorry I dont mean to nit pick but I am concerned for the health of the dragon - w/ the hygrometer I would place on the back center wall of the tank but does he climb that back ground? Please adjust the husbandry your dragon is getting sick w/ out proper lighting also how are you taking surface basking temps? I dont see any temp gauges as well - you want 2 digital probe thermometers in the tank one for surface basking temps and one for the cool side of the tank -- IR guns are good but can be off by certain basking materials and hammocks are one they cant read off of
Thankyou for you advice and my bearded dragon does climb on the back wall so I still don’t know where to place it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you for your advice however my bearded dragon does climbing

Thankyou for you advice and my bearded dragon does climb on the back wall so I still don’t know where to place it.
Does he climb in the center of the wall?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom