Red spot on bearded dragon lip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coins

Hello

I've noticed a red blister looking thing on Henry's lip, at first I thought it was some food but looks alittle bigger and I can tell it isn't food.

Any suggestions?

88LZ98b

https://ibb.co/88LZ98b

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hmm that does look quite odd. I'm not really sure what it could be besides an inflamed scale or a blister.

Has he been rubbing it around the tank?
Does it seem to cause him discomfort if it's touched?
Has it affected his eating at all?

Hopefully someone who can identify it will pop in.

-Brandon

Coins

Original Poster
Doesn't seem to interfere with eating and I rubbed it last night and it didn't seem to bother him.

I noticed it shortly before his most recent shed which was..ended Tuesday it was still there after his shed.

Not really much he could have scratched it on other then maybe his food bowl

Coins

Original Poster
There are some little red pellets in his bowl yes, it was smaller now looks alittle bigger. I do put blueberries in his bowl too. It just dont seem like the red food to me tho

Currently it dont look any bigger but, dont look smaller either

Coins

Original Poster
Ok, it appears as though it was just some food. Must have stuck to his lip while eating his blueberries and didn't want to come off very well.

Thanks for everything

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It happens, that's what I thought it was. :) The food can harden to the point that it needs wetted down to be removed. Glad to hear that's all it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom